• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Belt Drive for PRO RMK, Great Condition, W/Speedo Healer---SOLD!!!

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
For Sale is a TKI Belt Drive Setup with Speedo Healer for 13-15 Belt Drive PRO RMK's. It is a 2.25 ratio which I loved. I tried 2.42 first and thought it was way too low and made the sled feel slow. TKI will swap top sprockets with you if you buy this and don't like the ratio. Asking $600 + shipping. Text 541-285-7225
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Thanks for the good closeup pics of the sprockets!

I noticed the round root of the tooth profile and when I compared it to the belt and my C3 sprockets I noticed that the TKI is indeed running the wrong tooth profile for the Gates or Mitsuboshi Carbon belts. FWIW

Glad I went with the higher quality lighter weight originator (C3) for my sleds. The correct tooth profile closely resembles a true involute tooth form. Flat top and bottom with a constantly changing arc connecting them. The Gates tooth profile slightly more pronounced than the Mitsuboshi.

The TKI tooth profile can and does work, just less efficiently than the true / correct tooth profile. The rounded tooth does not engage the whole belt tooth, it point loads it at the top near the carbon tension / tensile members which could cause accelerated belt wear and lead to belt tooth stripping if the correct conditions were to present themselves.

Premium Features