• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersleds Spindles

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Are the new updated spindles better on the Apex MTX broke an a-arm yesterday and trying to decide if I want to update my spindles anyone try them yet?

I have both, they are a little bit more stable , If you felt that you had issues with the older ones it may be worth it, I have one sled with the old style and one with the new style . Both sleds are set up different and I like the way they are and won't change them.
I do run with 1.5" lower spindles now and have the stock updated set if you want it $175+ shipping for the set . I paid $250 + shipping.

Thanks I will keep that in mind I just had to order the a arm to get back on what little snow we have.

new spindals are suppose to be better in trails and the old ones better boondocking.

here is my take on it..... I was one of the guys that could not get the sled to be stable on the trail/down hill no matter what set-up I tired.

When I talked to timbersled I asked them how much they changed them. they said "as much as the bolt hole was behind the center line before, is now that much in front of the center line"

if you look at an "old" style spindle from the side the ski bolt hole is aprox a 1/2" behind the center line. I wanted to try the new deisgn so figured I could just swap the spindles from side to side and get the same result.

You have to weld on an extension for the tie rod end but its very simple to do. Just make sure you use the same gauge steel they use and then add in a gusset.

After two trips with the new set-up its is MUCH!!!! better. I took off the woody dullies I had on it, put on a stock set of carbides, adjusted my suspension back to "normal" and the thing never darted at all. ahhhhh..... so nice. Eric

Premium Features

Back