• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled VS Frogzskin Intake

J
Feb 23, 2012
Hi,
I removed the airbox on my 2006 900cc Switchback and was thinking about installing the Timbersled Clean Air Intake mod. Since that's a $250 package, I was thinking about other options and thought about just sticking a large enough Frogzskin screen right over the intake where the filter would normally mount. Does anyone see a problem with doing that? My only concern is getting enough air through the Frogzskin material. I haven't been able to find any documentation on the air restriction (if any) the Frogzskins have... Any help or opinions on doing this would be great. Haven't found anyone that has tried it, so I'm guessing it's either a bad idea, or just so simple, it gets overlooked?
Thanks!!!

R

rmk addict

Dec 26, 2007
Crested Butte CO
I didn't have much luck with that intake. It seemed to draw a lot of hot air into the motor. I think you would benefit much more from drawing air from somewhere else other than under the hood.

If the snow was over the hood, water would drip in and it seemed to make some steam which really limited decreased the power as cold air = more power.

If I remember correctly, Fire N Ice makes an intake much lighter than stock, that still pulls air from the outside.

Premium Features