• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TIMBERSLED SUSPENSION

Has anyone tried the timber sled front or rear suspension. Looks like good stuff but can't find anyone that has used it to see if it performs as well as their videos say it does. Any input is appreciated.

I would say there are tons of people on here who use it. Timbersled makes very good stuff and gets excellent reviews for quality and customer service. I have their Barkbuster frontend and its been great.
You may want to post what type of sled you are thinking of putting it on to get better responses.

I have the 38" Bark Buster kit on my 09 700 RMK 155" with Fox Float2 shocks and love them. Although, I haven't bounced off any trees, stumps, rocks, or whatever to find out how strong they are. I'll take Timbersled's word on that one.

I also have the Mtn. Tamer w/IceAge rails in the garage and will order the Float2 shocks for it in a few months.

Last edited:
I run both on my Nytro. So far it has held up great and it took 45 pounds off my sled. Night and day difference over stock. With some shims it holds the front down under boost and rides like a caddy up the trail.

If you're putting it on a cat, their factory recomendations for shim/limiter strap settings are awfully stiff, but definatley keeps the nose down. I've been a lot happier with mine after letting the limiter straps out and actually running the lower ride height with the skid, but I mainly just boondock with mine too ...

Skid works well, you just might have to do some dinking with the adjustments to get it to your liking.

I run the ts 38" front end and rear skid in my turbo 162 IQR. It handles like an absolute dream and keeps the skis planted really well. I've tried zbroz, and holz but I like the ts front end the best. I can't compare the skid to any of the others as I have never tried them.

i've been running the front and rear for three seasons now and love them! totally changes the feel of the sled and keeps the ski's planted under boost, as stated above, saves quite a bit of weight and rides like a caddy

I have mtn. tamers on an 07 M8 141, 10 M8 153, and 11 turbo M8 153 and love them all. They perform as advertised and are a huge upgrade from stock. With all of the adjustment options, these skids can really be fine tuned for the individual using it. The staff at Timbersled has always led me in the right direction with setup advice for my applications. I will definitly put a mtn. tamer on my next sled also(2012 pro rmk).

stoked with my timbersled skid FOR SURE!!! i also got a chance to bum a ride off one of Allen's prototype skids for next year... holy fun factor times 10!!! anyone looking at doing one of next years skids is in for a TREAT!!

I run both Barkbusters front A-Arms with Fox Floats and a Mt. Tamer Rear Suspension(also with floats) on my 07 M8 153. Barkbusters seem to hold up really well for as many trees I hit per season. Mt. Tamer offers some great flotation and deletes a crapload of weight from the stock rear suspension if you compare my stock suspension to this one. It does restrict you from popping the huge wheelies because of the way the suspension is set up to contract(which I find great because it stops me from going over backwards on the steep pulls). Alan from Timbersled is a great guy to deal with too and is very helpfull. One experience I liked when dealing with him is when I called him one day with some questions and he didn't answer, I didn't leave a voicemail or anything and he called me back around 10 minutes later apologizing because he was on the phone with another customer and then was more than willing to take the time to answer any questions I had. That's great customer service IMO!

stoked with my timbersled skid FOR SURE!!! i also got a chance to bum a ride off one of Allen's prototype skids for next year... holy fun factor times 10!!! anyone looking at doing one of next years skids is in for a TREAT!!

Come on now, don't tease us, we want the low down on the new/update for the Mtn Tamer skid.

There is no update...............

Skadi, I'm jealous you got to ride it. I will have to wait until mine is installed next season.

I hope not as I haven't even installed my 2010 Mtn Tamer version. Looking forward to next season with it though. Especially with the SLP 777 kit.

One thing I would definatley recommend: Spring for the Exit shocks. Don't bother spending your money on an aftermarket suspension if you're going to put POS fox floats on it. You might as well save your money in that case because the sled will still ride like a covered wagon ... albeit a covered wagon with leaf springs, but still a covered wagon.

But, if you must have Fox Floats, see if T-sled will give you a discount just selling you the arms and then I'll make you a heck of a good deal on the Floats for it =)

Premium Features

Back