• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on going from 2 wheels to 4 wheels on the XM Skid

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
Just wondering what you guys think about going to a 4 wheel setup instead of the 2 wheel setup that will come standard. Do you guys think that it will mess with the way the t-motion works? Also with them going to the 12" rod track compared to the 16" rod track do you guys think that it could mess with the way that it is supposed to work and even more importantly after time possibly damage the track?

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I would think that a 4-wheel rear axle and any idler wheel located on the outside of the rail will negate any flex track advantages. My understanding is that the track will pivot off the outside of the slide rail. My way of thinking anyway. I have pondered this in a idea to help out my MxZ lean over a bit better (with a flex track and eliminating the two outer rear axle wheels and the outer idler wheels).
550iq

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just try it....the wheels will only support the track at the rear as it rolls off the snow. The entire length of the track on the snow is uneffected. My guess is you wont be able to tell the difference. I have never liked inboard 2 wheel setups, they just break too easy. The new Cat wheels are nice though, much stronger.

Premium Features