• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thinkin about nitrous

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
i have a 02 700 rmk and recently was thinking bout possibly putting nitrous on it... does anyone think that there would be any issues with adding the nitrous on a motor that has around 4000 miles on it or would i have to rebuild my motor first...

would it take alot to mount it on my sled and where would the bottle sit

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
if the motor is sound.. should be just fine for a small shot like 40 tops.. kits are fairly easy to install.. the bottle is best mounted somewhere around the pipes to keep the bottle warm.. a few mounting kits out there.. however most people fab their own...

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
watch the swap meet for a BD or Boss kit for a carbed sled, you'll want one with the smaller 3 lb bottle Trust me on this one(for that sled).

Then fab up some brackets to hold it on the top of the chaincase using the 2 bolts that hold the brake caliper on.

If you want I have the 2 brackets that bolt to the chaincase for that model and you could fab the last bracket that goes between them and holds the bottle. you can have them for free if you pay the shipping.

Premium Features