• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Things I am thinking of doing with the new 2010

X
Apr 26, 2009
Guys, Just hoping to get a few opinions on a few upgrades that I have in mine with out going over board on the Big Bore this year while still having Warranty.

800R XP 163

I am thinking to start,

Chalenger Extreme 163, 2.5
Simmons Skis
Bely pan
SLP Y Pipe
Dynaport Pipe
MBRP Can
D Joes Clutch Kit
20 tooth sprocket

Whats your thoughts on this Combination for a start?

Last edited:
D
Oct 13, 2008
Go with powder pro skis. Avid extended chaincase and 163x3". If cost is factor ditch the pipe for the 3" track and chaincase as it will smoke the set up you listed with ease. Not trying to bash your set up I just ride with some 3" tracks with my 174x2.5" in a 07 xrs with an slp kit that runs strong and they smoke me.

X
Apr 26, 2009
Go with powder pro skis. Avid extended chaincase and 163x3". If cost is factor ditch the pipe for the 3" track and chaincase as it will smoke the set up you listed with ease. Not trying to bash your set up I just ride with some 3" tracks with my 174x2.5" in a 07 xrs with an slp kit that runs strong and they smoke me.

I am hearing that it is a Major job to install the Avid Extended Chaincase,
But I do think the 3 inch is the way to go foresure.

Have you had the pleasure of installing one?

D
Oct 13, 2008
No he only makes them for the Xp. I have done drop and roll kits though. If you have some time and take your time it should not be that bad. Robbie at Avid products will certainly help you out with tech support you need. I ride with him from time to time and he is a stand up guy. You will not regret the effort it takes to do it.

D
Oct 13, 2008
He sells the polaris and yammy chaincases for $650.00. not sure about the track but would imagine between 12- 1500.00. 2g's for track and chaincase is steep but it works like nothing you have ever seen. Nice thing is you can just gear down and run stock motor for reliability, but still beat up on alot of modded sleds. Check him out at
avid-products.com

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Guys, Just hoping to get a few opinions on a few upgrades that I have in mine with out going over board on the Big Bore this year while still having Warranty.

800R XP 163

I am thinking to start,

Simmons Skis
Bely pan
SLP Y Pipe
Dynaport Pipe
MBRP Can
D Joes Clutch Kit
20 tooth sprocket

Our testing has shown that the SLP Y pipe and the Dyno port pipe is not a good combination..

The 20T top sprocket has also shown to be a negative.

The 2.5 track is not worth the coin.. The stock track works extremely well in ALL conditions..

Just our findings

Kelsey

X
Apr 26, 2009
Our testing has shown that the SLP Y pipe and the Dyno port pipe is not a good combination..

The 20T top sprocket has also shown to be a negative.

The 2.5 track is not worth the coin.. The stock track works extremely well in ALL conditions..

Just our findings

Kelsey

If you were to put together a good combo on this new 2010 sled, what would you suggest with out going Big Bore this year? I would really like to put together something thats going to work well, And not just throw $$$ out the window. I would appreciate any advice that you have to offer..

Thanks

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
If you were to put together a good combo on this new 2010 sled, what would you suggest with out going Big Bore this year? I would really like to put together something thats going to work well, And not just throw $$$ out the window. I would appreciate any advice that you have to offer..

Thanks

Best combo..

Clutch alignment or QRS floating secondary kit (I wil lbe offering those)
Head
ECM recurve
Primary clutch spring change (if they use the same spring as 2009)
2 ring pistons
Dyno port Y pipe
Dyno Port Pipe
Skinz Super Q or Dyno Port Can

In that order

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA

800R XP 163

I am thinking to start,

Simmons Skis
Bely pan
SLP Y Pipe
Dynaport Pipe
MBRP Can
D Joes Clutch Kit
20 tooth sprocket

Put gas and oil in it, and ride it.
Might like it without all the extra stuff, right out of the box.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
powder pros,

Ditch the sway bar,

shocks, if its a everest model.

clutch it and install a can And just Ride it.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Save the money on the skis. The stock ones are fine, I do plenty of backcountry riding and never had a problem with skis. Ditch the sway bar.
I dropped to a 20t top gear and I actually like it better than the 21t or 19t

I am running the SLP head, Y-pipe and pipe with an HPS can and that also works very well. Get decent shocks, whether or not you have the X model.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Best combo..

Head
ECM recurve
2 ring pistons
Dyno port Y pipe
Dyno Port Pipe

In that order

That is a GOOD setup, follow it. also take off the sway bar, relax the bars, and don't use simmons! they make the xp ride weird IMO. I run sly dogs and they work great.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Best combo..

Head
ECM recurve
2 ring pistons
Dyno port Y pipe
Dyno Port Pipe

In that order

Price for that kit?

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
swap the track for a 2" weigh it down with lots of special accessories eat lot's of doughnuts over the summer and i'll see you next november

Premium Features