• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

These things suck in low snow?

J
Sep 9, 2015
FINALLY gave up on moto for the year and installed the kit on my bike. We have next to no snow in southern Minnesota but I couldn’t help myself and HAD to try it out. I have a moto track at home with about 2-3” that’s right, inches, of snow on it. Being a long time sleddrr I know that if you’re determined you can get out and ride. Another point to mention, this is my maiden voyage on the bike… ever… on any snowbike. I’m blown away at the ski pressure! Holy shiz! Anytime the carbides would hit dirt (I.e. every inch) the ski itself would kill forward momentum. For as stable as it is on flat ground and not moving, I’m amazed at how quickly it loses its stability when momentum is compromised. Regardless, I had a stupid big smile on my face and am STOKED for Cooke city next week? Attachment is sideways and that seems fitting for how this went.

B6607048-A591-49BC-B82A-97A17EC4CB8E.jpg

B
I'll agree, low snow-blows bigtime. I have ridden over some frozen dirt where the snow was plowed and as all the pressure of the bike is on those two, fairly deep and sharp carbides on the ski, not to mention the large surface area of the ski on the dirt/snow/rocks, it just doesn't want to move on lo-sno.

I can feel your excitement as I was the same way some weeks ago as the snowbike is just simply awesome.

We're going to have a good old fashioned Blizzard here in New England tomorrow but not all that much relatively speaking up north where we really want it to be but no problem. Snow is snow and we need to enjoy it while it lasts.

Premium Features