• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The night before... getting to sleep?

D

DieselTwitch

I've always had a problem both getting to sleep the night before a ride and not waking up super early the day of a ride? I live in the mtn's so it not like I need to be up real early to get to the trails at a good time. But I will take for ever to fall asleep and wake up too early. For example, I laid down last night at 10pm, Didn't fall asleep till sometime around 12:30 (just remember seeing the clock read 12:00) and I just woke up... its 5 am! and I could build a house with the energy I have. This is normally not a bad thing but it just means I'm going to crash hard tonight.

Does any one have any idea on how to calm your self or non-medical ways of falling asleep and staying sleep? I feel like a 12 year old on christmasy but I'm 32...

Your not alone, I am 48 and still have this issue, Of course I have to drive 8 hours. So we usually drive through the night and get to the parking lot at 8 am. No problem getting to sleep on the second night.

I have about a 2 hour drive. I tend to stay up late getting gear ready and it takes a while to get the brain shut down before sledding or hunting. If I can grab the passenger seat, I try and catch a quick nap on the way. Haven't figured out how to get to sleep better the night before. The night before day 2 of sledding, hunting etc....sleep is no problem.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/12444652?...54390552&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78605621912&veh=sem

My sleep schedule changes almost daily due to my job, and I'm always having trouble falling asleep when I need to on my off days.

If I take two of these equate sleep aid pills, it makes me feel hungover in the morning, so I'll only take one, and frequently only half of one. 1/2 will help me get to sleep, and one will keep me asleep a good 8 hrs.

Couple beers is always a good mix too. :face-icon-small-win

Benadryl works great. Use it occasionally when coming home at 1:00 AM from late-night adult league hockey. Works great.

A shot of 90 proof works well about 15 mins before your head hits the pillow.

LOL

Yeah, I know, but it does work well when used in moderation and only on occasion.

That "newly" legal recreational stuff in Colorado is good for sleeping. Or so i've heard. :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

The key imo is the night before "the night before" you have to limit your sleep. For me, that is ~6 hours or less. I work 3pm-3am Monday-Thursday and typically fall asleep at 4:30 am every day so winter is a super tough time for me. This past week, Thursday night (can cut out a little early usually) I was in bed by 2am, woke up at 8:30 am, ran errands and got stuff ready all day friday. Friday night I was in bed by 10:30 pm and fell asleep, after taking the double dose of nyquil, instantly, and woke up at 3:45 am and hit the road.

Premium Features

Back