• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

the bathrooms in the pass

B
Nov 16, 2008
Does anyone know what the hell is going on in turny? when I was driving back from Lost lake today the bathrooms parking lot was blocked off there were a bunch of cars and RVs and 2 helicopters there. Just curious...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Does anyone know what the hell is going on in turny? when I was driving back from Lost lake today the bathrooms parking lot was blocked off there were a bunch of cars and RVs and 2 helicopters there. Just curious...
they had a avy rescue/response training course today...put on I believe by CNF...

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
bingo

NTERAGENCY AVALANCHE RESCUE TRAINING
On the weekend of December 13-14, there will be an avalanche rescue training taking place this weekend at Turnagain Pass. Please be aware of rescue workers, helicopters, rescue snowmachines and areas set up for rescue training drills. Thanks.

H
Dec 11, 2007
Valley Boy
I am glad they volunteer and train ... we ... everyone of us should also train. When was the last time you had someone burry your beacon and then try to find it to become proficient at its use!!!

Go do it!!!

B
Nov 16, 2008
I am glad they volunteer and train ... we ... everyone of us should also train. When was the last time you had someone burry your beacon and then try to find it to become proficient at its use!!!

Go do it!!!

Ya I was actually bummed that I just now found out about it. I would be interested in it at a later date for sure.

Premium Features