• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 156 X3 Weight!

byeatts

Premium Member
Digital calibrated commercial scale reads and bounced from 62.5 to 63 LBS with strap on the new 156X3X16. Much better than expected. Paddles are softer than my 2.5 and bend pretty easy.Massive lugs, My 2.5 was 60 LBS with every other clip and ported. If I did that to this track it would weigh in at 59 Lbs with 3 inch paddles. Very Happy about the weight.

Do you know how they were able too lighten it? Did Camo build a new 3 inch track?

I have a 3 inch 174 and it is HEAVY HEAVY. But it is also bomb proof tough...

not really sure , I,m just comparing to the advertise est. of 68 lbs and current weight of my 2.5 at 60lbs,ported and clipped.used same digital scale

I guess I should have weighed mine next to my 174 2.5 to see the real weight disparity.

Seems really odd a 3 inch can be lighter than a 2.5 in same prep....I wonder if the softer duro rubber is lighter or something?

I guess I should have weighed mine next to my 174 2.5 to see the real weight disparity.

Seems really odd a 3 inch can be lighter than a 2.5 in same prep....I wonder if the softer duro rubber is lighter or something?

If I recall my untouched 156X2.5 was at 63 lbs before porting/clips. The 156X3 was 63 lbs. same scale was used [digital]I cant tell where the weight loss is, I suspect the layup of the belting must be where its at. Perhaps different lighter materials in the 2 ply cloth.Clips look the same on both,I do know with 7 tooth Avids a fully clipped track rolls smother so the most I will do on the 3 inch is one row of 7/8 holes down the center.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back