• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thanks to all that helped but back to N/A

Thanks to all that helped with my turbo questions but i have to go back to N/A. The 925 turbo has massive power and at 10 psi it's wild. But afetr every one else burned 1/2 tank to me dumping in my extra gas. This thing is hard on fuel so gona sell the kit and go back to N/A.

Last edited:
that sounds so familiar. my first turbo project was based on a cutler 1000 M7 motor. it was a cool experiment and I learned tons. I just couldn't afford to keep in in fuel. evidently the port configuration even though the port timing wasn't any more drastic than an HO motor, led to some serious need for fuel. i got about 3 mpg riding it pretty easy.

my non HO m8 always comes back with gas and I get to play on all of the hill...LOL good luck on your next project.

I ran a D&D 901 big bore with a Garret 2860 Boondocker setup

at 9lbs. on avgas. I got about 70 miles per tank of gas, but if there was lots of fresh deep snow I would get less

does it make a difference whether you run higher octane fuel, like avgas or 110

at 9lbs. on avgas. I got about 70 miles per tank of gas, but if there was lots of fresh deep snow I would get less

does it make a difference whether you run higher octane fuel, like avgas or 110

Ya what ever m8/m1000 @ 9# = bs or sitting around alot there's no way sorry.

To much port timing and not enough back pressure in the exhaust will turn a boosted 2-smoker into a gas pig

It is N/A ported so ya i bet that is the issue. I baught the kit for a not bad price i should get my money out of it. I thought of putting stock jugs on it but i like the bb torque too much. So i am going to put it back N/A and put the 153 back on and have a killer tree sled again.

My TXF 925 is getting about 10 mpg 5 lbs boost @ 1000ft riding decently hard on a trail. thats about the limit on 91 non oxy. Big bore with port timing for boost.

Its a blast even at 5lbs, put some 100 ll in and do about 8lbs. Sick all i can say. Will try some 116 soon and probably around 13lbs at 1000 ft.

Rich lol no i have 3 kids. Im lucky to get out. I have a 11-1 turbo domes from rkt wich are good to 10 psi on pump at 3000'. I was hitting 11 psi when i first went out but lowered it right away. But i pulled a couple pulls with it and no det. That was insane.

Premium Features

Back