• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Testing turbo oil pump

gongshowm1000

Lifetime Membership
Wondering the best way to test a turbo oil pump to see if its pumping? 2011 m8 with cutler stage 2 kit, drained and flushed oil tank filled with fresh Mobil 1 synthetic 0-20w oil hooked tank up to pump and fired sled up with tank sitting off to the side and there is no oil coming out of center section oil outlet. I know there's only supposed to be a drip at idle but there wasn't anything coming out. Can I just hook the pump to a 12 volt car battery to test?
Thanks for any help

Gongshow

i just tested mine this way,i have the same kit and it pulses a fair amount of oil each time.i just took the line off the turbo and ran it back into the tank so i could see what was happening.purged air ,then re attached to turbo and ran it again..worked well

I have the same set up, I tried using my lil jumper cables that came in the kit but found the sled has to be running for the oil pump to go. So I made my own plug and ran the wires to a battery and pumped it all out into a pan and flushed it with another quart to be safe. I also disconnected it from the turbo and once it was clean put it back on the turbo and flushed it until I was happy with how clean the fluid was. Mine put out a pretty steady stream

Premium Features

Back