• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Temp sensor error code

C

Crusty82

Hi guys
My dealer hooked up his computer to my sled and found a errorcode on the temp sensor. He says that it shows -40degrees. Do you know what can trigger this errorcode?
It`s a 2012 HCR with Boondocker kit. The resistor that came with the kit is connected to the stock temp sensor connector.

Sounds like you answered your own question..... If you put a resistor in the stock plug then the resistor must be showing the sled that it is at -40 degrees all the time.....

Are we talking air temp sensor or water temp sensor.....

I thought boondocker ran their air temp sensor in the charge tube or intercooler....... At least they have on the kits I purchased from them.....

Did you buy a resistor from Pure Logic or something.......

On the boondocker kits you take the stock temp sensor and put in the charge tube and connect it to the boondocker wires. You then take a resistor and connect it to the the connector where the stock temp sensor previously was connected.

I know a friends sled has the same setup on a 2010, and his sled isn't showing any errorcode when you connect the computer at the dealer

It's the temp sensor that sits in the stock airbox. You mount in the charge tube on the 2012 BD kitt

Last edited:
sounds like a bad wire or connection.... I just had this same problem in my Duramax truck... One of the wires was grounding out on the engine which made the truck go to a default setting and it was reading -40 just like what you are seeing here... I know there is a difference between sled and truck but I would check all your wires and connections... I ran a new wire on my truck and bam.... fixed it...... Good luck man!

I just removed and tested the resistor that is plugged into the stock wiring harness where the air temperature sensor was originally plugged in. I get a reading of 46.6 with the ohm meter set at 200k. According to the service manual for 2007 (I have 2007 M8) at 425,000 ohms you would be telling the sled that it is at least -40 (the max on the low end). It seems to me that this would cause the sled to run very rich (at least prior to boost) since you need more fuel at colder temps. According to the manual the air temp sensor affect air/fuel ratio.

I wonder if Boondocker ever used a different resistor?

Jared told med to do excatly what you did. He said that the resistor should test 47k. With the resistor connected, the Arctic cat diagnostisk should read a fixed temperature around 25degrees fahrenheit. I will do this on friday.

I hope it`s just that my resistor isn`t properly in place.

Last edited:
The resistor tested 46,5k. Tried to disconnect it and start the sled. Then I got ecu error code 5. Connected it again and the errorcode in the display disapeered. It seems to me that the resistor should be lower resistance in to get 25fahrenheit

Premium Features

Back