• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TEAM Tied with Turbo 800?

hmmm whats up with this thread?

Started three days ago and not a single reply.

I know guys are running these, no one want to give a shout out as to what the heck works or doesn't.

Thunder

Glenn I have been running a Team on my Twisted Kit I run a straight 61 cant remember what spring. 550 miles and running strong. Belt and clutches run warm but not hot. Oh and I dont have any venting at all!

Depending on elevation. 59 straight or 61 straight with the spring for elevation.

The 58-62 doesn't hold rpm on the top like I like to see.

Glenn,

Eric set me up with a team tied 59 degree helix w a black white spring. Running the 12 PC with 7 lbs of boost. Love the setup. Through the trees in and out of throttle it snaps right back. I'm running 10500-11500 in elevation. Need a little more weight in the MDS weights. I was hitting 8500-8600. Running long bolt (hex head) with two washers in the tip. Nothing in the first hole.

Glenn,

Eric set me up with a team tied 59 degree helix w a black white spring. Running the 12 PC with 7 lbs of boost. Love the setup. Through the trees in and out of throttle it snaps right back. I'm running 10500-11500 in elevation. Need a little more weight in the MDS weights. I was hitting 8500-8600. Running long bolt (hex head) with two washers in the tip. Nothing in the first hole.

That is a lot higher the me. I wonder if I just need a steeper helix 61 or 63 and run the same black/white spring

How much boost are you running? At your elevation I would think you could pull a 63 on 8 lbs. I would call Eric at racin station. He will get you set up.

currently running 8 lbs might go ten. We have really heavy snow here. I have a 61/63 on my parts bench from my N/A 2012 it couldn't pull it. looks like some guys are running the Black/yellow. Have guys gotten away from the reverse cut helix when running the team tied?

Current clutching
Primary:
Dalton adjustable weights close to 80 grams
Team lime green red spring

Secondary:
Stock spring
BDX 36 helix with shift assist.

I cant hold a belt together.

Bought a 58/62.36 helix from Eric at Racin station this week. I ran it with a black yellow spring and I stopped blowing belts. Looks like Cat should just put a team on all of their sleds.

I didn't have a belt blower but what I found with the team is the consistency in rpm and the instantaneous back shift. I'm impressed! Thanks Eric for setting me up!

Premium Features

Back