• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Tied on 09 SHR 860BB

Has anyone ran a Team Tied kit on a 860 BB? I just put one on for a friend and I haven't been able to come up with a setup yet that will beat what I was running in it before. I was able to get 49 mph track speed before and now only around 40-41 mph. Some of their kits come with ramps for them but this one didn't, it recommended the stock ramps so I put them back in. If anyone has ran this kit with their BB, I am wondering what spring, ramps and helix are working well? Right now I am using the supplied team primary spring (not sure of the poundage on it) with 13.5 grams of pin weight and the 57* helix. Its pulling 8200 rpm in clicker 2-3 depending on snow conditions just not seeing the track speed I would like...

What is in the primary?
I am running a Tied right now on my etec.
Using a 73/61-.46 helix, black purple spring and it works VERY good.
I crossed over from the QRS without changing anything in the primary.... Which was my goal so I could directly compare the 2 clutches.
My first thought is that is too shallow of helix but my tied experience is limited.
This clutch is definatly different, it seems to be ablKe to hold rpm with a lot of load... Which in my case has translated into more track speed. The steeper i go the better it works without dropping rpm.
Running over 17g and the stock 441 ramps in the primary and it still pulls rpm!

What is in the primary?
Running over 17g and the stock 441 ramps in the primary and it still pulls rpm!

It has teams yellow primary spring that came in the kit, with the stock 441 ramps. I started out at 16 grams in the pins, but it was lucky to pull 8100-8200 in clicker five. I dropped the pin weight to 13.5 grams to get down around clicker 2-3. I wonder if I should go back to my primary setup I had in it before and just use their secondary? This is on a 163, im not sure what track you are running?

Last edited:
163 2.5"
What is the othe color on the primary spring? Most likely its a 160/320.
What spring is in the team?

They are both team springs. The one in the primary was an all yellow spring with a purple and i think red stripe but im not positive. The secondary spring is black with i think a green stripe. I will tear into it and find out for sure. I wonder if the instructions will specify the springs that came in the kit?

Has anyone ran a Team Tied kit on a 860 BB? I just put one on for a friend and I haven't been able to come up with a setup yet that will beat what I was running in it before. I was able to get 49 mph track speed before and now only around 40-41 mph. Some of their kits come with ramps for them but this one didn't, it recommended the stock ramps so I put them back in. If anyone has ran this kit with their BB, I am wondering what spring, ramps and helix are working well? Right now I am using the supplied team primary spring (not sure of the poundage on it) with 13.5 grams of pin weight and the 57* helix. Its pulling 8200 rpm in clicker 2-3 depending on snow conditions just not seeing the track speed I would like...

I run 66/60 with 155/222 for a 2.5 and 3 inch 160/240

I took the primary back apart tonight and it had a yellow/purple/white team spring in it (160-380). I went back to my previous primary setup to see what just the secondary does, and hopefully get some track speed back... Thanks for the input so far guys.

Premium Features

Back