• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Talk about a lucky hit

R
Mar 6, 2008
11-23-08 Petersville, I hit a rock. Impact threw me completely over the bars, stopped the sled dead in its tracks. 2004 Summit, Im thinking nun. After the impact, one of my shocks is touching a control arm, and the right ski is about four inches back from where the left ski is. Not good...

So, I get it home, and start tearing into it. Funny part is, there is nothing indicating the crossmember is broken! No bent up side supports, no bent control arm, nothing. When the skidplate came down then it became obvious, and I learned how lucky a hit my sled took

Take a look at the pics of my 20 mph solid hit on a rock:
Skidoodamage2008003.jpg

Skidoodamage2008005.jpg

Skidoodamage2008007.jpg

Best part, a buddy wrecked his Rev last year on the left side, and kept his old crossmember. The bracket that tore on mine is just fine on his!! Free parts!!! yay! I'll be back in the fluffy stuff for the price of a couple nuts and bolts, and some more rivets for my skidplate. That skidplate paid for itself this time.

Premium Features