• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Taking Swap Bars Off!! HELP!

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I need some pointers on how to take off the sway bars on an 02 ZX-X Summit!

There is no screws or bolts as what i can see! whats a good plan on taking these suckers off?

Remove the trailing arm back bolt at the tunnel/bulk head on one side.
pull the trailing arm away from the swaybar end until its loose on that end.
Drill out the rivets on the bushings in the front on both sides.
remove the bushings, snake sway bar out, plug holes with something,
duct tape, aluminum plates and rivets etc. Tape all the plastic bushings and trailing arm pieces to the swaybar store for future use or
cut the thing to pieces remove and recycle as SCRAP! Oh and put the trailing arm bolt back, Duh.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Not sure how your sway bar is in there but mine was a one piece affair with a 90 on each end. There was no way in hell that thing would come outta there other than cutting it! Best "update" you could make to the machine! Sherm

S

sleddinhusker

Nov 26, 2007
Arnold, NE
apsserver.arnold.k12.ne.us
Ya, just cut it either with a torch or a hacksaw close to the plastic on one side. You will end up breaking the the plastic pieces in the body, but it comes right out. Then just find something to put over the holes. I just glued some colored plastic to it to cover them up. Second best thing i did to my 02 700. I remember how nervous I felt taking a torch to something I just bought. Definitely worth it.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just like Mod-R said....they come out. And be sure to cut the zip-tie holding a wire loom to the sway bar under the engine. ;)

Premium Features