• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Taking a spring off ski doo XP shock??? help!

Will probably require two sets of hands, but anyway, loosen the preload on the spring as far as it will go (remember where it was) then one person needs to grap the spring with there fingers, probably brace the palms or heels of your hands against the top of the upper a-arm and pull the spring up to unload the 'cup' ring at the bottom. There is actually 2 cups, you need to turn them until the slots align, then slide them off of the shock, the spring should now be free to slide off the bottom of the shock, where these cups were. Hope that helps.

nate

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
I'm trying to take the spring off my shock for paint. I've got the bottom bolt out but can't figure out how to get the spring out of the little "cup" at the bottom.....

HELP!

Jay

I loosened the spring adj all the way, pushed the spring with my hands and slipped the bronze looking cup off of the shock. No problems :face-icon-small-win

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Good info guys...I may do this also. I'm assuming powdercoat is the only color that is going to stay on there. Thanks!

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
I did powdercoat on mine and painted my housings black to show the color better.
MAGside.jpg

Reactions: SilverGriz
Premium Features