• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tahoe Riding Advise

M
Apr 7, 2011
Hey Snowest,

We are planning a trip to Tahoe in December for Snowglobe and wanted to ride a few spots on the way down from Bend, OR.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

We have an enclosed trailer that we can sleep in and are looking for lodging and parking while in town.

Let us know any inside information and we would reciprocate in Brew Capital Bend, OR.

Thanks in advance,

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
I guess it all depends on how the snow flies. Mt Bailey is a great riding area, but I'm sure you have heard of it living in bend. Camp right there at Diamond Lake. Lots of trails and tree pow. There is some riding around Mt. Shasta and farther south towards the sierra buttes and jackson meadows area. Once you get to the tahoe basin there is lots of stuff near by. Seems like Oregon always gets a deeper base in December. look me up if you want when in Tahoe.

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Look me up before you head down if we have good snow i will take you out

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
You can park/ride/ camp in the Little Truckee Summit (Jackson Meadows) parking lot-- 15 miles North of Truckee on hwy 89.

I'm in Truckee--opposite side of lake from SLT and snowglobe. I'm out riding most days, can take you out if you want.

Murph

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
$25 fee for all season OSV parking ... Can park same place for I think 5 days. Then drive around (>1 mile) and park in the same spot another 5 days

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1233

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1233/files/sno-park_brochure-web.pdf

snoparkmap-web.pdf

snoparkmap-web.pdf

Premium Features