• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tahoe/Reno riding areas

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
I'm looking around for good backcountry areas 7500+ft. The only place I know of is Relay peak/Mt Rose, any information would be helpful. Thank you.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yuba Pass starts at 6500 and goes up its about 1.25 hours north or Reno and you will need a snopark parking pass. Gold Lake area near Graeagle 1.5 hours north of Reno you don't need a parking pass its around the same elevation as Yuba and goes up from there. Little Truckee summit outside of Truckee. If you don't get there early the parking areas gets packed. Don't ride much south of Reno but Hope valley is pretty good when we have a good snow year because its low in elevation. Then there are areas around south lake tahoe but not sure where you stage and ride out of because i don't ride there. there are plenty of guys who do though. you have to be careful up there because there are a lot of wilderness areas. I little further away you have Elko and the Rubi Mountains but its obviously not a day trip since its 4 hours east of reno.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I have been riding this week at Castle peak on Donner summit, Jackson Meadows of highway 89,and the Sierra buttes from Graeagle. All the areas have a decent snowpack right now. It is set up snow in most areas with hidden pockets of powder. Most are 6000 at the start and go up to 8000 at the highest points. You might want to check out south Lake for elevation

Premium Features