• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway bar re-install?

F
Jan 3, 2011
Does anyone have any experience is front sway bar re-install on IQ chassis. Not much literature about this, found 1 video on you tube. Thanks in advance.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Been there done that X 2. Are you talking about the sway bar that fits into the slots on the lower a-arms? Not the style with links to the lower a-arms. If so, it is a little bit of a wrestling match but not too bad. Put the sled up on a jack, no weight on skis. If I recall I took one or both shocks out (if WE Air shox, protect those shafts, pipe insulation works in a pinch). Take the bolts out of one lower a-arm where it attaches to the bulkhead. Work the sway bar through the bulkhead. Slip the plastic bushings that rivet to the bulkhead onto the swaybar. Work one end of the swaybar into the a-arm bushing on the a-arm that is not disconnected from the bulkhead, then into the other a-arm bushing, bolt the a-arm back up to bulkhead, rivet the plastic bushings back into the bulkhead, done... much wrestling in between to get it all to line up but it is not too bad.

F
Jan 3, 2011
Been there done that X 2. Are you talking about the sway bar that fits into the slots on the lower a-arms? Not the style with links to the lower a-arms. If so, it is a little bit of a wrestling match but not too bad. Put the sled up on a jack, no weight on skis. If I recall I took one or both shocks out (if WE Air shox, protect those shafts, pipe insulation works in a pinch). Take the bolts out of one lower a-arm where it attaches to the bulkhead. Work the sway bar through the bulkhead. Slip the plastic bushings that rivet to the bulkhead onto the swaybar. Work one end of the swaybar into the a-arm bushing on the a-arm that is not disconnected from the bulkhead, then into the other a-arm bushing, bolt the a-arm back up to bulkhead, rivet the plastic bushings back into the bulkhead, done... much wrestling in between to get it all to line up but it is not too bad.
Got er done..little swearing going on..but all in all not too bad.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Got er done..little swearing going on..but all in all not too bad.
Glad to hear it. I don't mind trying out a sled without swaybar but I always want to be able to put it back in, not cut it out with a torch like some guys! LOL I think I bruised a couple knuckles too. But when i was selling my wife's 700 Dragon I got pretty fast at putting it back in before the buyer took delivery... I was not going to sell it like that even though the buyer was an experience rider of an Edge chassis... back to stock it went.

Premium Features