• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Superclamps worth the $?

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Love mine! I have front and rear! Bought my rear ones at Princess Auto for half price at $69.00 each last fall! Amazing price for a good product!!

Not only are they quick but they also provide security!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the front and rear clamps for my deck...also have the superglides for my trailer.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Hey everybody! I am thinking about buying superclamps, are they worth the money?

I have both front and rear clamps, they are well worth it. They are super easy to use and can be used for years and years as they are not permanently attached to your current trailer. Love my Superglides also!!!

C

cableguy

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Country BC
love mine on the deck no regrets but i heard a rumor that the dickball cops in revy were giving unsecure load tickets to anybody that had them saying they were not 4 point tiedowns what the %&^&ever.

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
love mine on the deck no regrets but i heard a rumor that the dickball cops in revy were giving unsecure load tickets to anybody that had them saying they were not 4 point tiedowns what the %&^&ever.

We at Superclamp heard the same rumour, so we Called Revy, Sicomous, Armstrong RCMP and they explained to us they recognize Superclamp front and rear complies to all DOT and Transport Canada Acts and Regulations and they don't give a ticket out unless your sled is not tied down properly front and back, there is no where in the legislation that says snowmobiles require a 4 point restraint. Funny thing is in 14 years we have not yet to get a call from anyone that got a ticket for an unsecured load when they were using Superclamp front and rear tie downs on the sleds. Superclamps are 100% legal and are also DOT Compliant. Thanks to all the guys and gals that use Superclamp we hope we made your loading and unloading more pleasurable.

Reactions: Jeff K

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Yep, love my fronts on my sled deck. The lock is a nice touch and I really like the adjustability for different skis. I'm impressed with them.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
The law does require more than one tie down, so if you only have a front superclamp, and the rear is just sitting there, you can get an unsecure load ticket. Not cheap either, up to $575. Easy fix is to use front and rear together, or front and use a ratchet strap for the rear.

All that said I have had several trouble free years of use out of my superclamps. Very happy with them, and getting ready to buy some more. Probably step up to a complete set this time and ditch the ratchet straps.

I have a friend who has the old metal style superclamps and is adamant that the composite style has failed on some relatively low impacts, ie low speed into ditch. I have searched and not found any evidence to back this up. Anyone have any first hand experience?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Some states also have laws about securing loads longer than 10'. They require tie downs at more than one end of the load. We all know today's mountain sleds are all 11'-12' long so the additional strap or Superclamp on the rear will keep you out of trouble.

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
The law does require more than one tie down, so if you only have a front superclamp, and the rear is just sitting there, you can get an unsecure load ticket. Not cheap either, up to $575. Easy fix is to use front and rear together, or front and use a ratchet strap for the rear.

All that said I have had several trouble free years of use out of my superclamps. Very happy with them, and getting ready to buy some more. Probably step up to a complete set this time and ditch the ratchet straps.

I have a friend who has the old metal style superclamps and is adamant that the composite style has failed on some relatively low impacts, ie low speed into ditch. I have searched and not found any evidence to back this up. Anyone have any first hand experience?

You are absoluty correct on you tieing down both ends front and the rear is the Law, as for clamps failing in an low speed impact, Well, was it really a relatively low speed impact ?????????, thats what your friend said, he is adamant about the composite clamps failing, get him to call me I will educate him about our products, (Randall 1-403-203-2210) remember nothing is accident proof. What else got wrecked, front bumper of the truck , maybe the headack rack, ect. The clamps are designed to hold down your snowmoble when transporting, it is not accident proof. I have seen rachet strap tie down snap like nothing in an accident, as well as not in an accident also(my own experince). If anyone has any question or concerns please call me anytime day or nite 1-403-203-2210 , thanks to all that use our superclamp products, enjoy.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have those on my trailer...GREAT for ATVS AND SLEDS!!!!
They don't buckle and warp like my older style from some other brand.

H

hottshot

About 8 +/- years ago a friend was hauling his 4 sleds in his enclosed trailer off of Tollgate in Oregon and got pushed off the road by a very wide buick, tipped over in the ditch and had 3 of the 4 sleds secured with super clamps..... those 3 were hanging upside down with no damage but the 4th was beat up pretty well but not as bad as it would have been if all 4 would have gotten loose...... I will try to find the pictures

Premium Features