• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X 800 -- Mid range bog mystery

G
May 4, 2009
Enumclaw, Wa
2008 XP 800 X 154 with stubborn midrange bog.

Looking for any ideas.

Symptoms: Holding throttle at 1/4 open at around 5500 - 6000 rpm motor loads and loses power. Power returns once passing 6000 rpm. Motor runs strong below and above these rpms. Happens only under load while riding.

Here is what I done so far:
Replaced DPM - Tested and verified ok
Checked carb connections -- ok
Tested and verified Temperature sensor on ECM connector -- Matches OEM spec.
Replaced rollers in secondary
Cleaned and inspected rave valves
Replaced reed valves with V force

Considering replacing carbs at this point .... Very frustrating :face-icon-small-con

Apprecriate your input

Jul 22, 2008
2008 XP 800 X 154 with stubborn midrange bog.

Looking for any ideas.

Symptoms: Holding throttle at 1/4 open at around 5500 - 6000 rpm motor loads and loses power. Power returns once passing 6000 rpm. Motor runs strong below and above these rpms. Happens only under load while riding.

Here is what I done so far:
Replaced DPM - Tested and verified ok
Checked carb connections -- ok
Tested and verified Temperature sensor on ECM connector -- Matches OEM spec.
Replaced rollers in secondary
Cleaned and inspected rave valves
Replaced reed valves with V force

Considering replacing carbs at this point .... Very frustrating :face-icon-small-con

Apprecriate your input

are you sure it is rich and not lean? The immulsion tubes have been known to fall off the pilot jet side and will cause a lean condition in this range.
You should also check your tps on a buds system to verify its operation, if it is faulty the dpm will not function properly and cause a rich condtion.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
They are lean in mid range but,we have seen the brasstubes in the carbs pressed wrong [diffrent hights] 08's only

Last edited:

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
i has having a similar problen with my xp last year, pulled carbs off and removed pilot jets and one of them had a small chunk of something blocking it.

H
Apr 4, 2011
did you ever find the problem with your mid range bog? I have the same problem with mine.I have tried alot of different things nothing seems to help.Let me know if you found anything with yours.Thanks.

Premium Features