• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stripped pilot jets--turbo XP

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Got towed home last time out--line from carb to airbox blown off and I didn't see 'til I worked on sled. Thought I blew the reeds or the something w/ the slides had gone wrong. Sled is a turbo XP.

Figured I'd check my carb setup and go to smaller pilot jets or at least check what was in my sled. The pilots are stripped and won't back out. Anyone else ever ran into this? How did you get them out?

I might try drilling into them and getting a long, narrow easy out since it would allow me to pull against the jet. Any other ideas?

Thanks

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Thanks. I think bonding might be better than trying to drill. I decided to put it back together and just ride it for the rest of this year just in case it is the carbs that are stripped and not just the jet. Sled isn't having issues, just thought I'd see what was in it and try smaller jets for the weekend. Guess it'll be a summer project now.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Do the bonding thing. Drilling or easy out may just destroy or booger the carb past any good use. Might be a good idea to find a used set of carbs as a back up plan anyways.

Premium Features