• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stretching and widening my 2003 F7

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Don't waste your time. Just buy an m7 and get it over with. You will have more work and money into that than just buying a whole new sled
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Yea, i wouldnt bother unless your trying to get rid of money, and in that case ill give you my address :D

I extended my 05 F7 to a 136 x 2" and it was cool but trenched real bad, and thats just a 136. Ive talked to guys who did the 151 and they said it was just as bad.

BUT, if you do it be sure to post pics! It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Been there, done that. You'll be money way ahead buying into an actual mountain sled. Can't fix the 13.5 wide track.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Like previously stated, unless you're just looking to blow money, do not put a longtrack on a firecat. Bad idea. Lots of work and you don't get much for it. And you can't even buy a paddle track for one, unless you find someone with one already, otherwise you have to take a perfectly good 15" wide track and cut it down to fit. I see you want to "widen" your sled. I don't even know if a tunnel compatible with 15" wide tracks will mount to the bulkhead of a 2003 F7. Sounds like you could spend lots of money and get yourself in really deep and get no return for your work. Buy an M7 or a Crossfire

Premium Features