• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Storm bottom, ultra top?

B
Apr 19, 2009
SE, MN
bought a 96 storm last year that had scored pistons and one bad cyl. after tearing it down I found a second cyl that looked cracked in the intake. so 3 used cyl and heads later I put it together to find an antifreeze leak in the center cyl. Current long term money plan ( not this winter) is to just send in all 6 cyl and see if I can get 3 good re-sleeved ones back.

ALSO short term thought
Currently have a low mile 96 ultra with a bad water pump and was wondering if the top from the ultra would fit the storm bottom?

B
Apr 19, 2009
SE, MN
LOL After 46 views, Either it has not been done for some reason. Most likely... What the heck is he thinking, going smaller! Some of us come up with lots of thought when we have to much free time to think while driving.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Ive got a better solution. I have a completely rebuilt crank for an ultra sitting in the storage shed. A buddy of mine bought a business and found it in a box there. I took it to SLP to have them check it out. They said they had rebuilt it, checked the true on it and oiled it up again.

You give me $50 and I will pay the shipping on it to get it out of my hair.

Premium Features