• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stolen: Snowmobile Gear Billings Area

Came home from a day of riding yesterday and needed to pass out after just getting done with 3 weeks on night shift, made the mistake of leaving my gear in my truck on the westend of Billings. Anyways I walked out to my truck at 5 am this morning to find the following items stolen:

Back Country Access Float 32 Airback Pack (red and black) inside it was:
Yellow BCA telescoping shovel
BCA Probe
BCA Tracker 2 beacon
HJC flat black helmet xl
Burton Gore-Tex gloves
Smith Gore-Tex Mitts
Oakley Tanner Hall Crow Bar Goggles w/ persimmons yellow/blue lens
Oakley Airbrakes in black/carbon fiber frame w/orange persimmons lens and dark tinted lens as an extra

plus an ipod...but I could care less about that. If anyone comes across this gear for sale please get ahold of me. My riding season is over until I replace all my avalanche gear.

GEAR

THAT SUCKS!KEEP CHECKING CRAIGSLIST AND THE PAWN SHOPS.PROBALY A STRUNG OUT METHHEAD..HOPE YOU FIND YOUR GEAR AND THE LOW LIFE THAT STOLE IT........:face-icon-small-fro

That's why I don't live in billings anymore.
Had my mountain bike stolen out of my garage in broad daylight ,neighbors car stolen again daylight , peeping tom watching my wife shower , caught a guy stealing **** out of cars on my street , ran down a kid stealing someone else's mountain bike ( that was kinda fun ). Etc etc etc.
billings just sucks.
Hope you get your gear back.
If you have home owners ins or full coverage on you vehicle it should cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't get your items back,( sorry to hear) I'll sell you the items I carry for 10% over cost. I own Bearclaw in Cooke city. Good luck on finding them.

You make me want to ride in Cooke. Always did but if I get out there I'll look you up.

Thanks for the offer Bob, I've been meaning to come in and get a breakfast burrito smothered in green chili sauce again!

Fortunately my BCA pack with my probe and shovel came up at one of the pawn shops. So the police now have the thief's name, address, finger print etc. and are putting a warrant out for his arrest since he committed a felony (over $1500 worth stolen...$2600 was retail on everything that he got).

The bad news is everything they recover has to be held for at least 30 days if not until he goes to court, and the soonest court case would be June to get restitution on what they can't recover.

great news

I'm glad you found out who it was, but its disappointing that you have to wait to get your things back. If you are wanting to ride, and if one of the avy packs are in, I'll loan it to you and the other avalanche equipment you might need.

Premium Features

Back