• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stolen sled

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I f'n hate thieves!

Thief takes snowmachine from deployed soldier's home near Fox

Her fiance is in Iraq and she doesn’t want to break the news to him about what happened early Tuesday morning in the Fox area.

Someone ripped off the snowmachine he bought her when she moved up here from Chicago. It was in the yard outside their house.

The missing item is a black 2008 Polaris Switchback, with red and white lettering on it. She figures it is worth about $10,000.

One of the front handwarmers is broken and the front is a little smashed in, the result of a minor mishap last winter, but it is in good shape.

The 25-year-old theft victim said she went to her door at 2 a.m. Tuesday when she heard someone in the yard.

She yelled, but he knew how to start the machine without a key and made off with it.

As you might expect, she is upset about this and hopes to get it back before her fiance learns about the loss.

She said he had told her all about how great it was to live in Fairbanks and how she would love it here. That was true until this happened.

A $500 reward will be offered. Call 452-2232 if you can help her out.

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
That sucks Mag!

I hate theives too man, scum of the earth!:mad:

Who's fronting the reward? I can't help ya find the sled, but I'd be happy to kick in a fresh $100 on that reward.

Maybe we can get some others to kick in as well????

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Reward's are a good incentive and it get's people to look more for sure. I'd just like to catch people who steal chit and punch em in the throat, break all their fingers and brand "thief" right in the middle of their forehead. ;)

I don't know the lady (I posted just so people could keep an eye out), I just had somebody get into my truck the other day when we were gone, and the lack of respect some people have has been pizzen me off. :mad:

D
Nov 27, 2007
Veteran here and wife is in the army still. Had some dumb azz 17 year old native punk steal one of my sleds in Feb. Coppers didn't do chit... He had priors they found him iwith a car and 2 other stolen sleds... If I see that sled around, I'll make sure to let them know they are completely wrong and maybe they'll be able to eat solids sometime later on in life...

Lame azz thieves need to lose their hands.. Eye for an eye!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I say we catch the guy, don't punish him, just send him over to Iraq to "help" check for road side bombs:cool:
Oh, and tell the troop over there "that he ripped off" that he has a new friend coming to share his fox hole......Film at 11:beer;

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
That sucks. I still think about the scum bags that stole those sleds from the iron dog racers last year. Every time I get on craigslist I wonder wonder where some of that stuff comes from.....

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I also live in Fox and ride that area, I will keep an eye out for it. If that scum bag tries to seal my sled in Fox he better be quick or there will be an A$$ whooping in store. Sorry to hear, what is this world comming to??

I
Nov 26, 2007
Every time I get on craigslist I wonder wonder where some of that stuff comes from.....

A kid in fairbanks was just busted for posting stolen property for sale on craigslist.

Theft in this town is getting out of control and the cops don't seem capable or willing to do anything about it.

800HMRK

Dec 17, 2007
Alaska
A kid in fairbanks was just busted for posting stolen property for sale on craigslist.

Theft in this town is getting out of control and the cops don't seem capable or willing to do anything about it.

I had just e-mailed that kid a week earlier about some shocks that he had for sale. Boy I'm glad I didn't by them now.

J
Nov 8, 2008
Fairbanks, AK

Our cops here are just about worthless when it comes to theft. We will definatly keep our eyes open. Maybe we can give them a little justice with the backside of a shovel.

On that note I'm gonna start chaining up our sleds

Premium Features