• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock 2.25 pc porting

I

insomniac62

Anyone ported their stock PC track? Trying to get rid of some rotational mass, read some where that porting reduces flotation if done incorrectly . Any suggestions on track porting?

Planned on using BDX's porting tool , 2 holes behind each paddle leaving the finger side alone.

Thoughts?

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The track is already a single ply track to reduce rotating mass. I would not recommend porting it as it will stretch even more. It's a great track as is.

I've ported my last 2 sleds

I did a 1.5" hole behind each paddle, kept the tunnel cleaned out really well, no stretching issues what so ever.

I did a 1.5" hole behind each paddle, kept the tunnel cleaned out really well, no stretching issues what so ever.

I agree, I put a 2" hole offset back and forth away from previous paddle. No stretch, very flexible and fast. Always clean in the suspension. Rotating weight savings and flex equals east to turn and a big benefit was carrying less snow weight.

Centered behind the paddle ?

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

I agree, I put a 2" hole offset back and forth away from previous paddle. No stretch, very flexible and fast. Always clean in the suspension. Rotating weight savings and flex equals east to turn and a big benefit was carrying less snow weight.

Not following ... Pic?

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

Yes put the hole in the center section.

alternating left to right behind each paddle. I used a holesaw, cost me less than $5. takes a while to dig out the cut out rubber piece, but not more than 30 min. a little hard on the back, but that is what BEER is for.

Last edited:
Not following ... Pic?

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

I'll try to get a pic. What I was trying to accomplish was not having a hole directly in front of a paddle so I would bore it just off to the side of center. Then to keep the next hole from being in front of the next paddle I offset it to the opposite side of center. So imagine a hole in every segment, one on one side of center, the next on the other side of center. Hope I explained it better.

Caution- be sure to watch out for your bogey wheels

don't want to drill into those

PC Porting

I ported both my 09 M1000 162 power claws. 1 has a Twisted RG Turbo and the other has every bolt on engine part possible. No problems with either. (12-1500 miles on each) I used a heated 1 3/4 hole saw with 2 holes on every row of the track. Last year I up graded both tracks to the 2.6 PC But, I have not ported either of them.

I know this track porting this is kinda weird science. I know my first ported track (2 2" holes in every segment similar to doo's first ported track) would hardly water skip. Tthat told me I was loosing some kind of floatation. I also know it was so flexible it was stupid fast. I had to make a choice so I choose flexibility. If I lived in Colorado where there is poof-snow then I might choose not to port.

Last season I took of my lightly ported(one 2" hole every segment) claw and put on a lightly ported(2- 2" holes every other segment) 2.5 camo. All the same setup it was a wheelie monster in deeper western snow. I think I am going to port it with 2 - 2" holes in every segment and stay away from Colorado(and water) LOL.

Joking aside my needs and likes falls on the ported easy turning track and not so much on the extreme float. If I gotta have float I'll prolly go back to a 162.... or try a 174 - 3".

Premium Features

Back