• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stator going maybe

i think im haveing a problem with my stator in my 2004 VE 800 when im ridding the light stays dim as if it is idleing and its hard starting and dosent idle the greatest and then... its dosent seam to runn the greatest when its to the bar. a freind of mine said his had some of the same problems and he put a new stator and it ran way smoother and better. im just wondering if this could be and option i have been trying to get this thing running right i just did a buncha clutching and stuff and its almost running how it should buttt not quite just wndering if this might be a possibility:confused:

i think im haveing a problem with my stator in my 2004 VE 800 when im ridding the light stays dim as if it is idleing and its hard starting and dosent idle the greatest and then... its dosent seam to runn the greatest when its to the bar. a freind of mine said his had some of the same problems and he put a new stator and it ran way smoother and better. im just wondering if this could be and option i have been trying to get this thing running right i just did a buncha clutching and stuff and its almost running how it should buttt not quite just wndering if this might be a possibility:confused:

Do a resistance test on it to see if its failed or not. You probly wont want to just replace doing trial and error since they are very $$$

Are you still running 380 mains? Still sounds too rich to me. Is it only at wot that it doesn't run well? What do your plugs look like after a wot pull and immediately shut it down?

There are 2 "sides" to a stator. There are separate posts wound for the lighting side and the ignition side and many EFI sleds have several other posts wound for the fuel pump or power valves. One "side" does not effect the other "side" they are wound independantly. If your lights flicker @ idle, then they are not getting enough juice or your sled idles very low. If you're not getting spark your ignition side of the stator could be bad. If you have spark MOST of the time you have another issue making it run bad.

yes i am still running 380s, what would you suggest to run? and i migth as well check my stator because my lights still dim i forgot to ask what the voltage comeing out of the stator should be ?

yes i am still running 380s, what would you suggest to run? and i migth as well check my stator because my lights still dim i forgot to ask what the voltage comeing out of the stator should be ?

The voltage coming out the stator is test in AC for both the ignition side and the lighting side. The lighting side can be measured with a regular multimeter but the ignition voltage that goes to the cdi is too "fast" and cannot be measured by a regular mutimeter.

By all means, test out your stator. But, make a wot pull up a hill and as it is getting to the top, hit the kill switch while still at wot and back out of it. Now check your plugs and see what they look like. If they are black or dark dark brown, go to 360's. If they are white, go to 400's. Im guessing that you will end up with 360's or smaller.

Ok cool i hae already pulled the plugs after a long pull and they were dark brown so il give smaller jets a try this weekend . I will have to get a regulator tester to check the stator.

after looking on the polaris site it says i should be running 350 jets and i have 380 so il give that a try tomorrow. my air box is always soaked in gas too so that another reason i have a feeling it could be over fueling .

Premium Features

Back