• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

State Wide Road Cameras

R

RamrodAK1

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Does anyone know why the DOT Cameras are not working. Its been about 5 months since the Turny Cameras have worked and many others north and south. A lot of us on here rely on those cameras. I have a friend that works for the state and he didnt have a clue.

W
Mar 25, 2008
Wasilla Alaska
camaras

The state had a contract with the company they bought the RWIS gear from. They are now at odds. So no maintenance or repairs have been done since last spring. I know Turny has been down since late last winter or early spring
because they ran out of propane for the generator. Now that winter is here they want them all back up. They have to put the work out to bid if it is over $5000.00. Thats not enough money to fix all the generator powered sites so I wont be fixing them. I think some one else is going to though. The DOT people in Juneau are in charge of the program not the local DOT guys. Give the lady a call and ask her whats up.

R

RamrodAK1

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Thanks a lot Wolf. Its funny how contracts work for the state. I work for the city and i know how that go's. I hope they come to a conclusion because I'm always looking at the cameras to see whats going on around the state.

Premium Features