• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx supercharger

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Just wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with the Polaris 850 Speedwerx supercharger kit last year. I know the cat kit runs very well and those that own one say they’d never own a turbo again. I would assume the 850 Polaris does run good as well, but being a first year kit I’m very skeptical. Thrown enough money away on cool first year products that weren’t ready for market.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
2 1/2 times the price of a turbo kit is the downside.

Yeah, at the cost of a lightly used backup sled..... kinda hard to justify.

I've rode some super'd cats and although they have a fun snappy bottom end, its definitely not mind blowing fast on the top end. Also in general in the POO market the turbo kits run significantly better and cleaner then cat stuff, the market has been so much bigger for so much longer they kit quality and performance is about 5 years ahead of the cat market. So the bottom end/performance gain gap is a lot smaller.
Im sure the speedwerx stuff will run good as it almost always does, but when turbo kits can be had for under 4k.... it really pushes superchargers into more niche land.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
For a pump gas set up, it’s not far from a boondocker kit.
4700 kit
1200 Intercooler
700 head
So 6600 for a comparable boondocker kit or 6700 for a speedwerx superchager. I’ll probably still buy a boondocker agility and run a pump/race mix. Just wondering if anyone had any real seat time on the supercharger, doesn’t sound like they have. I also worry about their ability to have the tuning right and not spend all so winter chasing a good tune

Premium Features