• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sound System

B
Nov 20, 2019
Hey I'm just curious if anyone has been running a sound system on their sled. I remember seeing some stuff from sound obsession out of Lloydminster I believe but can't find much online ? If so where did you get your kit or where was it installed?

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
I have quote from them on my email. About 2K Canadian installed. Little more than I wanted to spend but I’ve seen a few in person and it’s a really nice set up. Can hear it over the sled wife open

B
Nov 20, 2019
I have quote from them on my email. About 2K Canadian installed. Little more than I wanted to spend but I’ve seen a few in person and it’s a really nice set up. Can hear it over the sled wife open

Ya that's more than I was wanting to get into it for too. You would be getting a good quality system no doubt but that's enough money for the amount I get out.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Does anybody have experience with the headwave tag?

Basically a device that turns your helmet into a speaker (oversimplification). Could be a good option for snowmobiling if it works well and isn't too/big bulky.

I need to be able to hear my radio with or without my helmet on so thinking that or finding some sort of bone conduction headphones that fit in a helmet could be a good solution.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Here's what I've done for years now. I use it for both dirtbiking and snowmobiling and it works awesome. Bluetooth is no good up in the mountains as the battery will just wear down really fast due to the cold. Find an Ipod Shuffle and Velcro it under your visor. There's kind of a little pocket in my dirtbike helmet so I didn't have to cut any of the foam away for the speakers but had to a little in my 509 helmet so they would fit without touching my ears.

Pretty cheap way to go and really effective. No one but you can hear your music either. The link below are the speakers that I first got and used and they are great. I then got the Uclear helmet communication system so I could talk with my son while we ride dirtbikes together and those speakers are awesome. Way better quality and much more base and you can talk and listen to the music at the same time. However, it uses bluetooth for the communication and music to work. I've never used the communication part while snowmobiling because we all use the BCA link system and just plug the Uclear speakers into the Ipod shuffle so don't have to use the bluetooth part.

I also have the Sweet MTNTK sound system as well but can hear the music just fine over the turbo and motor and yet can also hear the sled and motor just fine. Don't ever feel like i'm tuned out and don't know what's going on with the sled at the same time.

Amazon product ASIN B00OTWLKMW
Helmet Audio 1.jpg Helmet Audio 2.jpg Helmet Audio 3.jpg

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Did the helmet speakers for years.
Loved them til my helmet got stole. Tried earbuds but can’t hear my radio. So now have this. Pretty happy can hear it clear 90% of the time. Unless the turbos @ 10#s then not so much ha
Wish it had more bass needs a 10” sub....

1C2D9399-6891-4A51-9859-8085EB368BC1.jpeg 4FA0F74F-2CE7-4BB0-86ED-5AE6CDFE018E.jpeg F842E962-10DE-45A2-81FA-D7566366F6A6.jpeg

Premium Features