• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

some thing wrong

P

poledge800

i have an 03 edge 800 and i went out today and ran okay i was playing on a hill and as i got towards the top it al of a sudden cut out and now it will only hit on one cylinder
irode the sled out but it ran like crap got to the shop and checked the compression and it was 110 mag and 120 pto the mag dropped 15 pounds from what it was a year ago with new pistons we dont think that it is electrical wash looks good

Check your exhaust bellows. You may have blown one out. Should idle and low rpm well, but run like crap above 6500rpm.

i actually just put anew one in on the mouintain today ofter blowing one we checked them i can pull about 7200rpm

I would still look at them again. It may have popped out of the groove when you put the new one in. That is sure what it sounds like if you still have good compression and spark.

i have an 03 edge 800 and i went out today and ran okay i was playing on a hill and as i got towards the top it al of a sudden cut out and now it will only hit on one cylinder
irode the sled out but it ran like crap got to the shop and checked the compression and it was 110 mag and 120 pto the mag dropped 15 pounds from what it was a year ago with new pistons we dont think that it is electrical wash looks good

Top of a pull, it cuts out, will only run on one cylinder... sure sounds like one cylinder 4 corner seized or something like that. I assume you changed plugs to see if that was it.

sled_guy

i checked the billows and they are fine the mag side pipe was a lot cooler so what ever it is it is in the mag side

put two brand new plugs in on the hill
even when i drove it down the trail on one cylinder and then it would down after a while so i would tease it back to life and take off again
even if it died i could wait 5 minutes and it would start again

put two brand new plugs in on the hill
even when i drove it down the trail on one cylinder and then it would down after a while so i would tease it back to life and take off again
even if it died i could wait 5 minutes and it would start again

pull your reeds out and take a look at them..sounds like the mag side is broken/chipped.....

okay here is a list of things that ive checked
valves/billows
carbs
replaced both plugs went through the reeds
looked in through the valve hole and couldnt see any damge but we are thinking that it might be seizing half way

it wont start now so we are going to tear into the motor found out that ihave to replace a engine mount so im going to a complete rebuild on the engine

Might check the crankcase seals if you are going all the way in. Wonder if you are leaking on one side leaning it down...

Premium Features

Back