• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So how are the 2876s working out?

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Ive been reading the 2863-67 thread and didnt want to hijack it.

On my 09 tm800, Ive run a 76 for a very brief time, then a 3071 for quite a while, now a 2871 and it seems to be the most fun, but does require more boost than the 30.

What are your experiences?

Hmmmmmmm......no one had any luck with them?

I was thinking of playing with one again now that i have a couple of good baselines with the other two turbos Ive tried.

Can't wait to read the results. I wish they had a gtx2871. I think my gtx3071 pulls harder from top to bottom then the gt2871. Problem is I completely reworked my kit when I made the change.

I say we spend an entire bluebird day with one sled and swap out the turbos... Document all the changes and what each one pulls for clutching, track speed, general spool etc. It would be interesting to see the same sled with only the turbo being changed. We could submit it to Myth busters and Wyo could be our spokesperson...

I'm curious also. I bought a used Twisted M8 this year with the 2876. I still haven't rode it yet. Most guys prefer the 2871 from what I've read. It kind of worries me because I rather have a decent bottom end than a huge top end. 2010 M8 with a plumbed in w/a cooler.

I say we spend an entire bluebird day with one sled and swap out the turbos... Document all the changes and what each one pulls for clutching, track speed, general spool etc. It would be interesting to see the same sled with only the turbo being changed. We could submit it to Myth busters and Wyo could be our spokesperson...

Count me in on this. I would gladly pull mine for the test.

sounds fun for sure, just make certain you make the fuel trim, clutch and shim changes each turbo needs to be clear as to what you REALLY see change vs just a swap and go.

I've flopped between the 2876 , 2871 and 3071 on the 800 doo.
all need different clutching AND FUELING. ALL of them or you will call 1 better than the other simply because you didnt tune it ..

the best for me at low elevation is the 2876, I will bet apples to dollars the 3076 is even better for ME with on the flats..even the .86 ar 28 series is tooooooo tight on the flats and EBP is 3-4 psi over boost even at 5 psi.

SOOOO a 30 .84 ar would be just awsome FOR ME.

I engage at 3200 rpms. lag is nonexistent.

turbo perf had a carbed 2871 out here a yr ago, it was a tow job everytime it went out. poor sob . cooked 4 cylinders in 300 miles or less..

I know you folks are in a different world of conditions than me. my point is test them right or dont do it at all..

No way could you just swap Turbos and know. to many variables, I even saw a difference from going to a tunnel dump. huge diff in clutching, difference in intakes. Ive heard everything there is makes a diff and each kit is setup for there own specific turbo.

I'm curious also. I bought a used Twisted M8 this year with the 2876. I still haven't rode it yet. Most guys prefer the 2871 from what I've read. It kind of worries me because I rather have a decent bottom end than a huge top end. 2010 M8 with a plumbed in w/a cooler.

Can you through up a pic of the w/a cooler under the hood? Thanks!

No way could you just swap Turbos and know. to many variables, I even saw a difference from going to a tunnel dump. huge diff in clutching, difference in intakes. Ive heard everything there is makes a diff and each kit is setup for there own specific turbo.

If we have a base line twisted sled as a constant and swapped the turbo on that same sled, adjusted fueling and clutching and ran the same boost. We can log every change needed from each swap on what they pulled for clutching,track speed, spool characteristics. i think that is the only way to know, I remember what I think last years setup feels like but unless you try it on the same day your just guessing or rationally justify your $$$ changes.
Between a few of us we have every turbo used in all the kits except the comp series... How does that not minimize the variables? We're trying to isolate the turbo differences on one baseline kit. Not put every kit on one sled.

Last edited:
I know ive changed so much since i had my 2876.....pipe, clutching, etc.

I found some 2876s that are real affordable. One to try, one to sell. Maybe I can get back some of the big end that was in my 3071.

Premium Features

Back