• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So are pump gas turbos kind of a waste?

I just rode an rtr in Cooke this weekend. It was running 7.5 pounds of boost on pump fuel. That was the funnest sled I've rode in a long time. There was absolutely no lag. It was one of the lightest riding sleds I have ever rode. It is the only thing I ever rode that handles as light as my 06 rev with slp pref. kit and mountain addiction suspension. The engagement is higher and takes a little getting used to. It doesn't have the power my nytro has at 15 pounds but it is way more fun to ride. Thanks to the Tom in Cody for letting me ride it. I did ride my buddies 07 race kit in the m1000 and the rtr was way more fun. There was some lag on the 1000.

Running a pump gas turbo would be like having a supermodel wanting you and all you do is make out with her.

Sorry but if my sled has a turbo on it, Im gonna use it.....

Just depends on what pump you get your fuel from. Try some "pump gas" e85 and turn up the boost. Then your "pump gas turbo" will rock.

Just depends on what pump you get your fuel from. Try some "pump gas" e85 and turn up the boost. Then your "pump gas turbo" will rock.

Try pulling up the a E85 station out in the mountains. Also I am not a big fan of packing 30% more fuel on a good powder day I need all the fuel I can get turbo guys tried it out here in the past but everyone switched back. Not saying it does not work I just like the fact that Race and AV and 91 can be mixed or switched without having to retune my sled.

i just got back from alpine wy my friend has a 09 rmk 700 with a sps race turbo and i have a m8 pg turbo i can beat him anywhere i go out of hole which dosent mattr. then pull him anywhere and most important high mark him. Thats even if i swithch sleds so it has nothing to do with ridr. and he lovs his sled they r close but i would say pg is def not a waste of money would do angain in a heartbeat funest sled iv ever owned

Try pulling up the a E85 station out in the mountains. Also I am not a big fan of packing 30% more fuel on a good powder day I need all the fuel I can get turbo guys tried it out here in the past but everyone switched back. Not saying it does not work I just like the fact that Race and AV and 91 can be mixed or switched without having to retune my sled.

Retuning is simple. Quick change of the base fuel pressure, and the numbers on the control box. Also I'm lucky enough that except for two of the guys in our group everyone has pretty much stock sleds. So I have plenty of spots for 2.5gl cans. Just costs me a couple extra beers back at the cabin.

E85 isn't for everyone, just like race gas, pump gas and turbo's in general. You have to make choices, then hopefully your happy with what you choose.

More power the better

just looking for some advise. I read everyone posts and im not sure what the final answer on if the pump gas turbos are a waste. I want to run my turbo safely but hard as i can. I put the low boost actuator on and the lowest boost i can get it 5.5 this is at 2500 elevation. When i go to the mountains like every one else i can up the boost as i go higher. But i would like to no that if at 2500 elevation is 5.5 safe on pump gas or what info does anyone have. Any advise would be great thanks.

5.5 at that level is probably pushing it... most likely want to throw 2/3 gallons of race in per tank down there. up high, enjoy the 91.

and as for a waste.. once you ride with one, the answer is obvious.. they ROCK

4-6 lbs of boost say what, I can safely run 8-10 lbs of boost on 91 all day long riding at 9000'-12000' in elevation and if I want more power I either mix in a little 110 or go to the Big Boy Pump and get my VP100 or 104 right from the pump, a bit of a boost in price from that pump but it is worth it. If I turn my boost all the way down I can not get to 6 lbs spooled up, maybe 7 or so turned all the way down. I am not sure what some of you guys are running for kits but I agree 4-6 lbs of boost is not worth it. And anyone who wants to bring a N/A big bore sled over and out run me please do so, I ran a real strong 860 XP all last year and there is no comparison, the boosted Dragon is much faster, I think maybe out of the hole the 860 may pull a bit but after 30' say hello to my taillight.

8-10psi is a whole different story than 4-6.

Pump gas in my opinion would be a waste, IF you couldn't go beyond the 4-6. Everyone I know thats got one runs them at 8+

Premium Features

Back