• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST POLL: Which Snowmobile "Sub" - Forums do you want???

Which type of Sub-Forums would you prefer

• Sub-Forums by Chassis (REV-XP, REV-X, Ect)

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Sub-Forums by Model (Summit, MXZ, ect)

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Sub-Forums by Use (Mountain, Trail, ect)

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Sub-Forums by a different classification

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would like to ask your oppinion on breaking up the Sled forums into "SUB" forums.

Please let me know which of the following would work BEST for you.

There are THREE possible ways to go.

By Chassis
By Model
By Use

ONE OF THOSE THREE MUST PREVAIL.

I have a mandate from the powers that be to ORGANIZE the Sled forums just like I do to organize the SwapMeet.

One of those three has to be implimented!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I had to get that minimum level of involvment before it made any sence to run the poll.

I think we got there last night, but we will see as the day goes by...

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I think breaking it up will cause everything to slow down big time. Alot of the info can cross over so it seems best, for me, to keep it all together under the one category.

The only problem is that you cannot search for anything with only three letters. So doing a search for REV XP will give you no results. Can this be changed?

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Well, since you got rid of the "way it was" option, can you reset the poll, so I can vote? When I voted, that category had 11 votes in it, winning by a long shot. Since you pulled it, can I at least vote for another option???

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Sorting it by chassis seems to make the most sense to me.

Not too many sub forums though please! :D 3 seems like a good number, enough that you can seach though it easier but not too many that you get lost. Would work pretty well on most of the brands: pre rev, rev, xp- for the cats: pre-m, 05-08 m, 09-current m. etc..

Like a whole new world in here. :beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, since you got rid of the "way it was" option, can you reset the poll, so I can vote? When I voted, that category had 11 votes in it, winning by a long shot. Since you pulled it, can I at least vote for another option???[/QUOTE]After further discussions with "senior" management I was told to come up with a way to break them down into something more orderly.

So, we have THREE CHOICES now.

Given those three options, WHICH ONE do you prefer?

And I will see if there is a way to undo your previous vote so you can recast it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure what was wrong with the old way. Lots of things apply across chassis. What about an OT free sub forum?
The key issue here is being able to LOCATE a relevant topic with some degree of ease.

With everything thrown into ONE huge bin, finding what your looking for can be a bit of a challenge to the majority of SnoWest users who are NOT online and staying on top of all the posts on a daily basis.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
How about something like,

Rev XR chassis, 4 strokes

Rev XP Summits, renegades, mxz etc..
Rev XP Racesleds

Rev Chassis summits, renegades mxz, etc..
Rev Chassis Race sleds

ZX, S Chassis, renegades summit, mxz, legend, touring, etc...

Possibily a Turbo Forum to.

something along that lines would be cool.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
After further discussions with "senior" management I was told to come up with a way to break them down into something more orderly.

So, we have THREE CHOICES now.

Given those three options, WHICH ONE do you prefer?

And I will see if there is a way to undo your previous vote so you can recast it.

Since I must choose...by type (mountain/trail..etc)

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Browse All skidoo

Perfect, that fixed the issue of splitting up the forum for those that don't want to look everywhere. Good jod Chris

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Well you asked for everyone's opinion :D

I still think if you MUST break things up it would be best done like this.

Ski-Doo
>General
>Tech

Or, if you wanted to get more specific

Ski-Doo
>General
>Chassis/Suspension
>Motor/Electrical

or

Ski-Doo
>General
>Tech
>>Chassis/Suspension
>>Motor/Electrical

BTW Modifying the poll after many people have already voted is not cool, especially since a LARGE majority do not like the options given.

Think about this, every few years as more chassis or sleds come out, more sub forums are going to have to be added and as the list of sub forums grow old ones will have to be combined. It would be smartest to use a system that will work indefinitely.

Last edited:

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Well you asked for everyone's opinion :D

I still think if you MUST break things up it would be best done like this.

Ski-Doo
>General
>Tech

Or, if you wanted to get more specific

Ski-Doo
>General
>Chassis/Suspension
>Motor/Electrical

or

Ski-Doo
>General
>Tech
>>Chassis/Suspension
>>Motor/Electrical

BTW Modifying the poll after many people have already voted is not cool, especially since a LARGE majority do not like the options given.

Think about this, every few years as more chassis or sleds come out, more sub forums are going to have to be added and as the list of sub forums grow old ones will have to be combined. It would be smartest to use a system that will work indefinitely.

That's not bad. I was thinking chassis as the lesser of the 3 evils but your idea seems to keep things together and still seperates things enough to maybe help search for something. Nice job. Would this work Chris?? If so please add this to your poll !!!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
its cool like it is.browse or go straight to which chassis you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features