• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snoweliminators and better boards

Hey Al! Customizin the xp eh? Not sure of any other choices but I'm sure they are out there. My vote is for the snoweliminators...they definitely do their job and seem to stiffen things up pretty well also. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Hey Al! Customizin the xp eh? Not sure of any other choices but I'm sure they are out there. My vote is for the snoweliminators...they definitely do their job and seem to stiffen things up pretty well also. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

thanks diesel dog.....for sure we have to make a commitment to ride this up coming season together....ok
i saw a set on a sled that were wicked they were thin in width but thick in height.. the holes were big..i am sure they would work the absolute best/...but i can seeem to find them...and maybe someone just made them for t hem selves.. keep in touch ok
al

also diesel dog i met some really good guys from arnold nebraska they can ride... we go into the back country and have a blast ...there 30-35 years old and good guys ..the one guys name is sleddin husker ...do u know him? we will get a convoy going this up coming season ..

Ther are a variety of running board inserts in our group of XP's (including those previously mentioned) and honestly nothing works as good as stock with the standard fishbones....I am building my XP this summer and will NOT hack up the boards, will either leave stock or just fishbone reinforcements. JMO- :beer;

Ther are a variety of running board inserts in our group of XP's (including those previously mentioned) and honestly nothing works as good as stock with the standard fishbones....I am building my XP this summer and will NOT hack up the boards, will either leave stock or just fishbone reinforcements. JMO- :beer;

can u mention some of the other running board inserts for me...than i could look them up.. thx

Yep, im with Brew. Leave the stockers alone. They grip well and snow falls right through with no really issues. If you are worried about sag use the Skidoo tunnel brace. JMO but I have over 4000 miles of hellish mountain abuse on mine and the boards have NEVER been a problem

nothing works as good as stock with the standard fishbones....I am building my XP this summer and will NOT hack up the boards,
I agree. After I got some miles on my 09 I scratched them off my list of must haves. Stock seems to work fine, no use spending money where I don't have to.

Interesting replies...We too have several versions of setups that we ride with regularly. One thing is absolutely conclusive...the Better Boards way outperform stock in battling snow and ice build up and in foot traction without having to constantly stop and kick to clear your boards. The fact that on the XP they also replace the stock wishbone to add support is a bonus. As an XP owner you will know this in short order if you have to spend anytime and all clearing your running boards after a series of turns in deep snow. I don't quite know how Paul is not experiencing snow and ice build up on his stockers but in our country we absolutely do.

Concerning the difference of the inserts. I think if you go to our website (www.snowmobilebetterboards.com) and compare the appearance of the two previously mentioned products you will see why Better Boards have sold at 10 to 1 over the SE. Keep in mind there are different independant designs for each sled model's application so I'm not generalizing I am being very specific for this particular question. On the XP you will notice that the Better Boards are a much nicer fit and finish then the SE's not to mention that our coated models outperform the SE's plain jane aluminum inserts radically in battling snow buildup and foot traction. We compared our installed models to SLP's installed models at the sled shows and on consumer installed versions and the SE version is seriously wanting in comparison sitting in the shop. This is also true of the Polaris IQ RAW designs.

We are working on an updated 2010 version of the XP that will have a larger opening in the footwell and additional traction there as well. The original concern was getting a foot trapped on a sudden roll over but with the open design we can incorporate a larger opening and more up front traction. My personal experience on this sled as well as massive feedback from other XP owners is that while the stockers are better then other brands they are still not even remotely as good as a sled equipped with Better Boards.

xp boards

I personally don't think i would waste the cash on any running board mods on my xp. the stock boards work just fine IMO.If i were going to ride in the nor-cal heavy wet packing snow I might change my mind. However so-far they are working great in the Idaho pow.

Interesting replies...We too have several versions of setups that we ride with regularly. One thing is absolutely conclusive...the Better Boards way outperform stock in battling snow and ice build up and in foot traction without having to constantly stop and kick to clear your boards. The fact that on the XP they also replace the stock wishbone to add support is a bonus. As an XP owner you will know this in short order if you have to spend anytime and all clearing your running boards after a series of turns in deep snow. I don't quite know how Paul is not experiencing snow and ice build up on his stockers but in our country we absolutely do.

Concerning the difference of the inserts. I think if you go to our website (www.snowmobilebetterboards.com) and compare the appearance of the two previously mentioned products you will see why Better Boards have sold at 10 to 1 over the SE. Keep in mind there are different independant designs for each sled model's application so I'm not generalizing I am being very specific for this particular question. On the XP you will notice that the Better Boards are a much nicer fit and finish then the SE's not to mention that our coated models outperform the SE's plain jane aluminum inserts radically in battling snow buildup and foot traction. We compared our installed models to SLP's installed models at the sled shows and on consumer installed versions and the SE version is seriously wanting in comparison sitting in the shop. This is also true of the Polaris IQ RAW designs.

We are working on an updated 2010 version of the XP that will have a larger opening in the footwell and additional traction there as well. The original concern was getting a foot trapped on a sudden roll over but with the open design we can incorporate a larger opening and more up front traction. My personal experience on this sled as well as massive feedback from other XP owners is that while the stockers are better then other brands they are still not even remotely as good as a sled equipped with Better Boards.

When will the 2010 model be ready (black)? Put me on your list when they are and I am in for a set.

Got your PM thanks! I have a 09 XP customer sled that we are building the prototypes off of within the next week or two. The design will essentially be the same layout but I want to open up the front foot well sections (right now they simply match the far too small stock openings) with added cleats on those areas. After designing, testing, and manufacturing thousands of Better Boards our EXPERIENCE tells us that maximum effortless snow clearing performance depends on hole size, cleat height, and angle. Obviously the biggest opening you can get is the best from that aspect but can reduce durability, comfort, and safety so those engineering parameters must be factored in. We specifically and thoughtfully work our way through each model including field testing and installation. Having more then 22 independant designs (plus custom) makes (MADE) this a giant and expensive undertaking. It also seperates us from the rest as none of these start-ups and backyard side liners are even remotely capable of the level of product testing.

The facts of the matter on the XP and any of the factory one piece tunnel cutout and cleated designs are that they offer great traction and are conceptually sound in the shop and trailer. In the snow they simply don't as you can't get enough cutout opening, cleat height, nor structural strength from that gauge of metal.

Now if you don't ride in deep snow, or do but don't mind continuous kicking and scraping (wearing out expensive riding boots), don't need solid foot traction, then no your XP does not require Better Boards. Thousands of happy Better Board customers with actual experience might offer you an arguement. Kick, slip or just buy Better Boards.

thanks f-bomb... what u r saying is exactly what i am wanting...in the deep pow i constantly am kicking out snow on my stockers..... i like how u guys have given this lots of thought and i am in also.....will be ordering ..just wondering will the 2010's work on my 08?
main thing is i want bigger holes.....i saw the better boards on a polaris and i loved them they had big holes especially where the tunnel starts up front....thats where i have the biggest problem ...actually even in the back it builds up.....let me know on the 2010 model for my 08 alright? thx.

XP Mountain TUFF Running Boards

Here's your option boys ...

WRPs Mountain TUFF Running Boards for the Ski Doo XP. Check out the Mountain ASSAULT Seat as well.

Just installed the first set of production XP units this morning ... kits come complete with rivits, drill bit and laser cut rivit locations.

Enjoy!

Let us know if we can help you Ski Doo guys ...

DSC02863 (Small).JPG DSC02865 (Small).JPG DSC02866 (Small).JPG

Here's your option boys ...

WRPs Mountain TUFF Running Boards for the Ski Doo XP. Check out the Mountain ASSAULT Seat as well.

Just installed the first set of production XP units this morning ... kits come complete with rivits, drill bit and laser cut rivit locations.

Enjoy!

Let us know if we can help you Ski Doo guys ...

can u post some pics of the entire running board? also tell us about the seats for the xp.....in its entirety if u can thx..i did go to your website ,but i c it is still very new.. thx

Premium Features

Back