• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowboard rack for snowbike?

J
Feb 27, 2014
Denver
Has anyone added a snowboard rack on a snowbike? I've got a CFR (Cheetah Factory Racing) rack ready to go and am planning on attaching it directly to the tunnel or by way of a fabricated vertical extension. Thought I'd see if any of you have already done this in case you have some thoughts and/or can take photos of what you've done.

J
Dec 19, 2015
I ran a CFR board rack I took off my RMK. It bolted right on no drilling needed.

It worked pretty good, however you have to be careful not to play around and lean the bike over in deep stuff, you can snap a board.

I originally put the board on the left side but I switched it to the right side because I don't lean the bike over as much turning to the right.

My buddy is a fabricator and snow checked a raw kit. I can't wait to see what he builds this year.

J
Feb 27, 2014
Denver
Timbersled and snowboard rack

That is great info! Any chance you can post a closeup pic showing exactly where you bolted the CFR rack? That is great if we don't have to drill into the powder coated metal.

Also, I just noticed the pics are from Jim Stringfellow. Any chance you are in the Northwest and he is the fabricator/kiteboarder extraordinaire that I know? I'm a kiter too and switching from a snowmobile to a Timbersled to get up to snowkite spots. Are you doing the same?

J
Dec 19, 2015
I can post some pictures when I get home.

Yes I am a NW kiter, butters was awesome Sat & Sunday.

Yes Stringy is the fabricator extrordinaire. He picked up a KTM 300 and snow checked a raw kit.

I got my timbersled last year and love it. Had several good kite sessions up on St Helens and Simcoes last winter.

Do you have a kit yet? I have a 2015 ST I am selling if you are interested. I just picked up a 2016 ST a few weeks ago.

I ll PM you my number.

John

T

tomassend

Nov 2, 2010
PNW
Hey guys, wanted to touch up on this topic as we at Mo Pros make cargo racks for snowbikes, with the capability to carry skis and snowboards with accessory attachment options.

We've spent some considerable time ensuring our design is appropriately integrated into the snowbike chassis.

Check out more information on the website if you're interested: WWW.MO-PROS.COM

Timbersled_Snowbike_Snow Moto_Mo Pros_2.jpg Timbersled_Snowbike_Snow Moto_Mo Pros_1.JPG

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Hey guys, wanted to touch up on this topic as we at Mo Pros make cargo racks for snowbikes, with the capability to carry skis and snowboards with accessory attachment options.

We've spent some considerable time ensuring our design is appropriately integrated into the snowbike chassis.

Did I run into you at Baker this spring? the gravel grinding day? Racks look really nice I may pick a set up

T

tomassend

Nov 2, 2010
PNW
That's right!

Yes if I remember correctly that was when my friend Jess was riding the snowbike....she actually achieved rear track air that day

Thanks for the kind words on the product, we appreciate that very much.

Let's try and grind gravel.....less. hahah

C
Sep 30, 2016
tomassend- does your kit work without the rest of your system? as in will it bolt direct to the TS frame or do i need to have the base kits as well?

M
Jan 14, 2004
On a sled its pretty straight forward but how do you guys do laps with a bike? Are you just skinning up once you get to the alpine? I'd like to do way more skiing this season. If I can get a decent system going I can ditch the sled forever.

M5

A

AKdragon700

Jan 14, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
Depends

On a sled its pretty straight forward but how do you guys do laps with a bike? Are you just skinning up once you get to the alpine? I'd like to do way more skiing this season. If I can get a decent system going I can ditch the sled forever.

M5

The bike is usually only a method for getting to the zone. If I'm planning a larger trip and I have friends with sleds, we will utilize the sleds to gain elevation. My plan will be to use the snowbike with rack to haul my skis, boots, and gear back to the backcountry zone, cabin, or hut that we will then skin/hike from there to go skiing.

MoPros is the only ski carrying rack system that is testing and developing systems specifically for the snowbike market. I just purchased the GRS with dual carrying capacity so that I can carry one ski per side with the bases facing out.

Skiing.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The bike is usually only a method for getting to the zone. If I'm planning a larger trip and I have friends with sleds, we will utilize the sleds to gain elevation. My plan will be to use the snowbike with rack to haul my skis, boots, and gear back to the backcountry zone, cabin, or hut that we will then skin/hike from there to go skiing.

MoPros is the only ski carrying rack system that is testing and developing systems specifically for the snowbike market. I just purchased the GRS with dual carrying capacity so that I can carry one ski per side with the bases facing out.

Wait......
Skin?????
Hike?????

That should only happen if your sled or bike is broken......

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
I see there are a few different systems and options, which would you recommend for a snowboard on a ST timbersled?

A

AKdragon700

Jan 14, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
Skinning

Wait......
Skin?????
Hike?????

That should only happen if your sled or bike is broken......

Sweat?? What?! Haha trust me if its accessible by two up on a sled we are pinning it to win it to get as high as possible, but when there's fresh and your looking for steep terrain laps...your sadly only left with one option

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Sweat?? What?! Haha trust me if its accessible by two up on a sled we are pinning it to win it to get as high as possible, but when there's fresh and your looking for steep terrain laps...your sadly only left with one option

Yep only one option......
Go ride..... ;)

Premium Features