• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Perdictions?

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
the pattern is starting to change, we may see a little dusting in the mountians the first part of the week. Looks like some possible snow middle to late next week. The cold air should be in place for higher elevations and areas farther north such as cantwell. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little snow in the valley late next weekend to the first part of that week. That being said, it is a long ways off to be predicting snow, but it is looking like our best chance.;)

I
Nov 26, 2007
NOAA thinks it'll be a mild winter with average precipitation. Above average precip on the northwest coast.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Its winter returned to the slope again finally after 4 days of rain, now its just a skating rink:mad:....oh and NOAA cant even predict the weather an hour in advance half the time. Let alone the entire winter. Well see how it shapes up.:D Hopefully its better than the last few winters!

Must burn sacrificial SkiDoo.

LMAO that would be a start!!!!

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
im with you on this one. i dont think the weather forcasters can tell me whats going to happen tomorrow let alone for 6 months

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
so far its about the worst start to winter ive seen in years. probably has something to do with the solar maximum expected in 2012.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Dont know where you folks been riding the past 2 years but the snows been deep as ever. This year shall be no different. Global warming means ice age for us, hopefully. Maybe if we get an ice age we can ride our sleds in anchorage too work and the store ha. Hope Placer opens early.

PS ill be riding pville early november just like always, see yall there

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Dont know where you folks been riding the past 2 years but the snows been deep as ever. This year shall be no different. Global warming means ice age for us, hopefully. Maybe if we get an ice age we can ride our sleds in anchorage too work and the store ha. Hope Placer opens early.

PS ill be riding pville early november just like always, see yall there

Last year was below average. Snowfall was good in november and thats about it, theres always spring riding tho. First ride last year and the year before was first week of october in dutch hills, went this year with quads and no snow in sight.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
The weather gurus are saying this winter will be a declining El Nino year which is supposed to mean more precipitation in the northern part of the continent.

The Farmer's Almanac is calling for slightly colder temps and heavier than average snow for SC AK. The Interior is supposed to get lots of snow early and late and also be super cold this year.

We'll see...

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Last year was below average. Snowfall was good in november and thats about it, theres always spring riding tho. First ride last year and the year before was first week of october in dutch hills, went this year with quads and no snow in sight.
I still dont recall any shortness of snow in Placer last couple years :) Enough to get buried on flat grounds enough for me

Premium Features