• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Condition West Yellowstone/Big Sky

S

sledheadmt

Just wondering if anyone had any pics or updates of how the snow is around West/Island Park/Big Sky. Headed that way for new years and from Snotel, it doesn't look like there is too much. thanks!

Rideable but still need more snow.

Rode near Big Sky Sunday and thought it could use more snow.

Definitely rideable and still had a good day but I hit a rock and bent a few things.

Storm cycles seem to be just south of West down to the Wasatch. Hopefully they start coming north. Was in teepee and also thought they need more snow. Ran into some people trying to find there way out and they thought it was awesome snow. I guess my thoughts of good snow is different from others. I really don't like seeing some vegetation and tapping the bottom. Is it rideable? For sure but I'm not going there again until they get some decent snow.

South of West is worth it

I just wanted to make sure that I thanked each and every one you that ride the West area. I know that with 2-3 weeks of no fresh snow my secret stashes are at risk. I cant comprehend how hard it is for you all, not to track these areas, and leave them for me to rip. Thanks again and happy sledding, more snow is on its way!
Sunday 1/29
Attach11532_20170129_113142.jpg

Attach11535_20170129_115834.jpg

20170129_115910.jpg

Last edited:
I just wanted to make sure that I thanked each and every one you that ride the West area. I know that with 2-3 weeks of no fresh snow my secret stashes are at risk. I cant comprehend how hard it is for you all, not to track these areas, and leave them for me to rip. Thanks again and happy sledding, more snow is on its way!
Sunday 1/29
Attach11532_20170129_113142.jpg

Attach11535_20170129_115834.jpg

20170129_115910.jpg
Careful with the long range shots some of us might figure it out. ;)

BS

Anyone have an update for Big Sky? A group of around 10 will be headed out there on Wed morning.
TIA.
DG

Any update on snow conditions?

Going to West on Wednesday for a couple weeks just wondering if it's worth it?

Premium Features

Back