• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slp head???

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I believe they are only caiming 2-3 hp from the head.

For what its worth, probably beter ones out their.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
You need the "whole Package" to get the benefit. Intake, Head, Y, Pipe, and Can. I found the "whole Package" flawless and an awesome performer. As to your question about heads. Size the head for the "BOTTOM" of your ride. NOT the top. If you ride from 5thousand to 7thousand. Get a 5thousand foot head. We all get way to much head! I mean, we all estimate way to high altitude where we do most of our riding. Get less head and you will be happier! Trust me! Pieces of the package will only tease you and not get you what you really want. The complete package is designed to work together and produces the awesome results you are looking for. Hope this helps....:D

Last edited:
D

deep_doo

Nov 30, 2007
Sheridan
You need the "whole Package" to get the benefit. Intake, Head, Y, Pipe, and Can. I found the "whole Package" flawless and an awesome performer. As to your question about heads. Size the head for the "BOTTOM" of your ride. NOT the top. If you ride from 5thousand to 7thousand. Get a 5thousand foot head. We all get way to much head! I mean, we all estimate way to high altitude where we do most of our riding. Get less head and you will be happier! Trust me! Pieces of the package will only tease you and not get you what you really want. The complete package is designed to work together and produces the awesome results you are looking for. Hope this helps....:D

yeah what he said assuming he is talking about slp kit. I have a whole season on mine and wow did it ever work i have the 8000 plus kit with team secondary very very happy with it...ps. not to sure about getting to much head is always a bad thing :-)

Last edited:

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
yeah what he said assuming he is talking about slp kit. I have a whole season on mine and wow did it ever work i have the 8000 plus kit with team secondary very very happy with it...ps. not to sure about getting to much head is always a bad thing :-)

I would have to agree:D:beer;:D

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
the complete slp package works vary well togeather. there could be a better head out there, but how well do they match up to sombodys diff. pipe,can and y pipe ect..slp has done there homework. its hard to varify h.p gains. you can make dyno sheet read how you want through diff. correction factors. several of our group used slp on our 09s and some used other well known heads. we found the slp set up to be more consistent through most conditions. we even found same for same to pull harder then others. rite kenny.

S

slim

Nov 26, 2007
central wa
slp head

were you guys retarding the timing at all, or running a race fuel mixture? Just wondering about detinating?

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
the complete slp package works vary well togeather. there could be a better head out there, but how well do they match up to sombodys diff. pipe,can and y pipe ect..slp has done there homework. its hard to varify h.p gains. you can make dyno sheet read how you want through diff. correction factors. several of our group used slp on our 09s and some used other well known heads. we found the slp set up to be more consistent through most conditions. we even found same for same to pull harder then others. rite kenny.

Thats not nice!!!! Edward

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
we are running pump gas. some of the early slp heads had the incorrect squish. i you det. you need to contact them and they will trade domes. we are running 3000-6000. domes. slp will give you a baseline for jetting for your area.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
OK don`t keep us wondering, which one has your vote.---Thanks

I ran the slp single pipe y-pipe and can all last winter.The only thing I could tell was huge mid range power gain, no loss but no gain on top end. Traded stock pipe, y-pipe, even cans. No real diff on the top end of the power band. 2 more hp for the $$ SLP wanted was not worth it.

I have ran a RKT cheater head when I had my 07 summitx, I could really feal a differance there all the way though the power band. I would lean more toward the RKT head, then couple that with the ECM re-curve combo over slp again. Just my .02cents

Premium Features