• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLIDEKICKS ICE-SCRATCHERS OWNERS: Please Read This Carefully

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Regarding Slidekicks owners and installers,

Thank You for your business and patronage.
The past year we have noticed a trend in the industry regarding our Slidekicks ice scratchers.
We have had many customers who have complained about the performance of their Slidekicks (and even asked for full warranty) who have been mounting them UPSIDE-DOWN.
IMPORTANT: The BENT-STEEL END of the Slidekicks with the sticker on it is DESIGNED TO MOUNT TO THE SLIDERAIL. Many customers have been mounting them upside down with the wear tip mounted to the curved end. This VOIDS your warranty and will not allow the Slidekicks to perform their duty.
If you have mounted yours upside down, please do us and yourself a favor and turn them around so they work as designed.
The picture and wording in the instructions indicate how to properly install the Slidekicks, so please use them for reference when installing before you become disappointed in our product.
Thank You.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
LMAO... Apparently, enclosing insructions AND pictures ain't enough for some. They need a pocket mechanic too.

Ok, I like your product, so I put the effort in here.. Peeps hate pic's they have to click on. GET PHOTOBUCKET or something similar folks..

How NOT to do it..

P1030386.jpg

P1030387.jpg

And, what they are SUPPOSED to look like

Slidekicks_upright275142320_std.jpg

to funny...

:p

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=545393
Improper mounting and following complaints.
That's freakin' hilarious!
I am a very happy owner of two pair of the slidekicks for both mine and my wife's sled.
I installed them EXACTLY PER THE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS WITH ATTACHED DRAWING and they work flawlessly.

My only suggestion for Doo owners with the 16 wide track would be to use a much longer mounting bolt and a couple locknuts to bring the bent part of the scratcher out, away from the rails and over the edge of the track.
I found one of my scratchers parked on the top side of the track once and figured it's because of the extra width and a good bounce on the trail.
Luckilly, no damage to the top of the track. just a couple scratches in the rubber in places.

I guess the Yamaha guys aren't to good at reading directions!
(or good ol' common sense!);)

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Last season I had them on my m10 chassis.. but they still kicked into the track from time to time and chewed up the sides a little.. still nicer than replacing the "others" a couple times a year though.. :D

P

PrairieM1000

Feb 11, 2009
I have been running mine since they first came out and have great results with them. i only run the carbide tips on mine because when the trails and main roads get hard and icy they still spay huge amounts of snow into the track and on the rails and i haven't overheated any of my sleds with them or had my hifax get hot. i would reccamend these to anyone over anything else on the market.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Wow, can't believe yellowknife mounted them wrong. No wonder he was having problems with his.

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
This notice is going out to all dealers. Hope this helps clear this up. Thanks

-WARRANTY TERMS AND INSTALLATION UPDATE FOR:
SLIDEKICKS REVERSE-COMPATIBLE ICE SCRATCHERS FROM
BETWEEN THE LINES DESIGNS

ATTENTION ALL SLIDEKICKS INSTALLERS:

Recently, there have been a number of warranty claims for the Slidekicks ice scratchers manufactured by ourselves, Between the Lines Designs, and we have honored these warranties without question.
It has come to our attention that a portion of these claims may be the result of faulty installation of this product.
This notice is an attempt to notify Slidekicks installers of the proper method of installation and to clarify the terms of the Slidekicks warranty.
• Always install the bent steel end-portion of the Slidekicks on the sliderail, with the straight steel end-portion connected to the wear-point. Failure to do so WILL RESULT IN PRODUCT FAILURE and LOSS OF PERFORMANCE and will VOID THE WARRANTY.
• When first installing the Slidekicks on the sliderails,ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO TORQUE THE 3/8 INCH HEX BOLT TO AT LEAST 30 FT/LBS. Failure to do so WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF THE PRODUCT and WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Because of the high-failure rate of our first season’s production, Between the Lines Designs honored ALL warranty claims for the 2008-2009 winter season without question. Please be advised that we will scrutinize all warranty claims from this date for validity. All warranty claims must be sent in physical or photograph form with sales receipt to:
Between the Lines Designs, LLC
276 Meadow Creek Road
Prairie, Idaho 83647
Or e-mail photos and receipt to: skibrake@yahoo.com -

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
You would think after he got them put together it would seem quite obvious that they're not supposed to mount like that, that doesn't even look normal. :rolleyes:

K
I put a set of these on my 800 Rev last year.......so of course... I just ran out to the garage to see if I was Stupid enough to mount them back-a$$wards. Sure enough, I got it right! :D:beer;:D Great scratchers. Wouldn't buy any others after having these. :beer;

A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
This just goes to show, some people need help mounting a light bulb in a socket. The best instructions won't help some. MFG did the right thing by warranty standards even though he probably didn't have to....cudos for that!

E
Dec 1, 2007
Flatlands of Iowa
ran a set of these all last year - great product!!
mount em and forget em. NO problems, worked awesome.

I agree ..great product . ..don't know what kinda dumtard would get confused with which end went where??? .. .. . the only problem I've had with my 3rd set is somehow or other I lost one out in Cooke .. .I wouldn't have thought it possible to lose one using the lock washer..the other side is still tight as heck. . . .. .. now i gotta see if I can buy just one? . . . . or ... if any of you were out in Cooke after March and found one. .. .IT'S MINE!!!

Johnny

Premium Features