• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled bus needs help!

M
Nov 11, 2008
Alaska
I have a bus I am converting to tow sleds. The only problem is, I cant find a trailer hitch that will fit on the bus. Is there anyone who might have access to a welder and can help me out or let me use their welder. If anyone has suggestions where I might be able to get it done I would appreciate it.

:beer;

Picture 6367939.jpg Picture 6367940.jpg

Reactions: LiveAlaska
R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
I have to try and compete here ( for the coolest bus) Mine is still back in Minnesota so maybe it does not count count. Equipped with a full bar, couches, bunk beds, and 70's red shag carpet, oh and a stripper pole;) Never used it to pull sleds just a pit rig at local races.
IMG_0663.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0661.jpg
[/IMG]

Reactions: LiveAlaska

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I have a bus I am converting to tow sleds. The only problem is, I cant find a trailer hitch that will fit on the bus. Is there anyone who might have access to a welder and can help me out or let me use their welder. If anyone has suggestions where I might be able to get it done I would appreciate it.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice M1ke!!:beer;...................back on the short bus eh bro' ;):D J/k
cant help ya out with the welder, hope someone chimes in for ya.
Snow's coming........................Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap:D:D:D

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Hey M1ke, curious how you registered your bus, we had a hell of a time getting ours registered because it was a school bus, ended up having to register it as an RV and have it passed by the DMV's regulations. Maybe its because ours was bigger? Good luck with your project and enjoy, they are fun.

H
Feb 8, 2008

I've got a welder and some spare time! Where do u live??

M
Nov 11, 2008
Alaska
I've got a welder and some spare time! Where do u live??

I am in Eagle River. I might have just found a hitch that will work, I'm not sure yet but I might need some help tomorrow. Thanks.

The bus isn't done yet...that black one is sweet!

I registered mine as a converted Rv. It was very easy.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Well that's different !:)

Oh come on Tim your dying like the rest of us to hop in and lick windows all the way to the parking lot!!!! :D:beer;

Thats is a killer idea! Ive always had this idea....a big *** trailer and a bunch of sledders crammed in a bus....even had an idea of buying a full size bus and putting a garage door on the back just drive em in....with a stove and stove pipe and all the good stuff:D

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
So Mike, how are the neighbors liking the short bus parked out in front of your house every night? Or maybe the shortbus is your new house?
I think its pretty cool, sure beats sleeping in your trailer! You definitely need some stickers and paint for your new ride.

Premium Features