• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Stretch Cover

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I typically either ride from my shop or travel solo and meet up with people to go riding so I usually haul my sled in the back of my truck with a cover.

I just purchased a Skinz stretch cover and tried it on the sled to test fit. The cover comes in it's own carry bag and come with a patch kit.

I am impressed with the weight of the stretch material that this is constructed from. The cover is designed to fit over any configuration you have on your sled.
hequ3ude.jpg

You really have to pull on this thing to get it stretched down around the bottom of the machine. There are three clip on pull straps that go under the sled. They have clips and adjusters on both sides of the machine so you can adjust the cover evenly and can unstrap from either side.

hute9ara.jpg

Here you can see how tight it stretches. I have a RAM mount for my GoPro on my front bumper. You can see the ball poking up. You can also see the lines of the hood edges.

ugyry2eq.jpg

They say the front material is waterproof, so I decided to test it out with the hose on full blast from 15 feet away. I had my doubts as it looked like the water was soaking right through the material.

a3eva9yq.jpg

Pulled the cover off and the hood is bone dry.

I have not had this out on the road yet but I don't think I will be disappointed. I don't believe this will flap at all since it gets tight as a drum. The material that covers the seat/tank area is made to let air flow through to prevent ballooning.

This is not a cheap way to go. But this will fit any long track sled. A much better investment than buying the overpriced OEM covers for each sled you buy. I am guessing this will last for my next 4 or 5 sleds.

Also MADE IN THE USA!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Definitely keep us updated. I am in need of a new cover and have never heard of these. The factory cat covers are nice enough but this sounds promising. How much are they?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I got mine for $350.00 off of Amazon. They can be tough to find in stock, a common occurrence with Skinz products.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reactions: polarisfornow

sabels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Flatlands
Got a few trips with this cover and it's holding up well! When I received it the glue in the patch kit was set up. Called their customer service and asked for fresh bottle, was told where I could purchase new glue or order it from. UGH piss pore I thought since I just spent 3 large on their product. Probably petty since it's just a little tube of glue but I will not be a customer of theirs anymore.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My SPG stretch cover is going on 7 years now... still very functional...has given me great service.

2 years ago, I tore the cover (my fault) and sent it to them for repair... They fixed it free of charge and only cost me shipping.

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
For you guys that have some time with the cover... Do any use it regularly on an open trailer or sled deck where it gets some wind abuse?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Lank Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
Open trailer. Suck it down tight and it works great. Very little, if any, flapping. Pretty resistant to becoming a pain in the a$$ when wet and frozen. At least as good as anything else.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Was just told 12 to 15 weeks , hopefully, for delivery, Brutal, maybe cut back the advertising a bit if you can't deliver skinz !!!!

sabels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Flatlands
Several trips from Iowa to out west with mine and works great when cinched down tight. After two years it did get a hole in it. Bought the glue and repaired and it held up. Coming out of Laramie in some total slop one year I had six inches of road yuck frozen to the front of it. At the first gas stop it just peeled right off unlike the arctic cat cover next to it. I bought mine off Amazon also from Bob's cycle for around $260. Have an enclosed now so it doesn't get used to often just summer storage now if the sleds in the garage. It's a great cover and has preformed well over many trips and on 3 different sleds now. When you cinch it down make sure to tie off the loose ends as I found they do loosen and it will start to flop around a bit. Prolly how mine got the hole in it not sure though.

Premium Features