• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Protective Gear seat covers

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Have one on my D8 and love it! It's great for carving hard to the side and helping not slip off the side. No problems with durability yet though. I would call Skinz and I'm sure they will take care of you. The gal I talked to was great! Highly recommend one! Oh yeah, I have the bars and bumper too!!

http://snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73112&d=1250461984

Last edited:
J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
I just ordered one last Friday from Sled Solutions - black gripper for my '09 RMK. I should have it in a few weeks.

Sled Solutions, do you happen to know if they there is enough extra material on the sides to raise the seat about an inch or two and still be able to staple it underneath?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I just put one on. Seems like your rear end/knees/legs will be planted in cold icy or powder conditions much better than the oem seat cover. I had my skinz cover fitted on by an uphoulstry guy for ~$60. Fits perfectly snug. Much better than if I tried to staple it on myself.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I bought it from you Paul ;) The stitching is falling apart right by the fuel tank. It's on a 2008 Polaris Dragon RMK

(I was the guy who you sent me two covers that were the wrong ones)

You did treat me right though :)

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I just ordered one last Friday from Sled Solutions - black gripper for my '09 RMK. I should have it in a few weeks.

Sled Solutions, do you happen to know if they there is enough extra material on the sides to raise the seat about an inch or two and still be able to staple it underneath?

There is extra material but you'll have to see when you do yours. I can't remember how much extra I had last year when I covered my 09.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
There is extra material but you'll have to see when you do yours. I can't remember how much extra I had last year when I covered my 09.

Sounds good, I will see when it comes. Worst case scenario, I will bring it to an upholstery shop and have them add material on the bottom. I figured now is the time to raise the seat to more of a high rise (easier on my knees).

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I just put one on. Seems like your rear end/knees/legs will be planted in cold icy or powder conditions much better than the oem seat cover. I had my skinz cover fitted on by an uphoulstry guy for ~$60. Fits perfectly snug. Much better than if I tried to staple it on myself.

Waaay better!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've had very good luck with my 2 SPG seat covers.

I'm installing another one this year.

I know that Sawyer had some issues with his and was unhappy, but for the 1000's of covers they have sold, a very small amount of problems.

Top, I'm sure Paul will take care of you if he was your selling vendor and get you taken care of. Do it now before the in-season rush slows things down.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I hated the slippery seat cover on my 08 D8, the Skinz cover is way better. I have the seat cover, front bumper and shock covers, all top notch stuff as far as I'm concerned, and Sled Solutions was easy to do business with. I ordered my seat cover with black printing, I think it looks much better than the white.

Premium Features