• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz fuel tank

T
Aug 8, 2011
Does anyone know what thickness of material the skinz fuel tanks are made out of?
And has anyone used one of the tanks? Can you describe the change in how the sled feels?
Thanks

Jake

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Burandt told me it just feels narrower back there. Funny because I just talked to him about this today. Seems nice to center weight and get oil tank off clutch gaurd. 8 pound weight savings so probably 22 or 23 pound wet savings. Has to ride a touch lighter. I hate the stock seat. Too high and slick. $1800 is a big price but way cool.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Burandt told me it just feels narrower back there. Funny because I just talked to him about this today. Seems nice to center weight and get oil tank off clutch gaurd. 8 pound weight savings so probably 22 or 23 pound wet savings. Has to ride a touch lighter. I hate the stock seat. Too high and slick. $1800 is a big price but way cool.
Buy one and duplicate it. Lotsa unemployed welders around.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I’m not one to put up bad reviews on another’s product but I’ve put nearly 500 miles on one.
Oil fill is a pain. You have to carry extra oil and fuel for the day. No savings there. If you don’t your riding buddies are not happy.
The seat, after 300 sled miles, breaks down. You end up sitting on the tank. When you stop to have lunch you sit on the tunnel because it’s more comfortable.
The concept is great, execution needed testing.

J
Nov 27, 2016
Pretty bad product
I lost my seat 5 times because the velcro is not enought strong
And my seat start to lose all is stuff
Good weight saving but need to work on the quality of the product.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ive bought enough skinz stuff to know they don't always think things out the best( does there stuff even get tested!), cheap quality comes to mind as well. Was looking at a smaller seat but did not want to fork out $$$ to get burned again by skinz. Found a upholstery shop to make a low rise seat and its great, saves 5lbs and comfortable. After a season of use it still feels the same as new, and was less $$ than the skinz seat.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I put s skinz seat on my 16 axys and it frayed out the first day. Not a big deal but i thought o boy the stitching is all going to come out. Looks the same today as it did after first day. A buddy still has the sled. Awesome seat. They are kind of like sitting on a trials bike. You can do it but they aren't really comfortable. I don't sit much. Even up the trail. Depends on how rough it is. Awesome for standup riding. As far as the oil fill you can look at it and tell it's a pain in the ass to fill. Married to a funnel or tip sled on its side. I like the thought of more weight centered up. Funny I'm stick up for this because I hate my alpha tank. It only holds 1.5 quarts but that more than enough for the 9.5 gallons thats in it. A person has to decide how much fuel you need. If burning more i would'nt do it. I was think about putting it on my wife's kaos for when i ride it. See all i do for her.

Premium Features