• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skiers Think Their Poop Don't Stink

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Good find Wade !

Banff National Park web site, describing the wolverine as a “legendary enigma,” warns that “in Canada‘s Rocky Mountains, their numbers are few and threats to their habits and habitats are increasing ... Denning females with young are particularly vulnerable to disturbance from skiers and hikers.”

Those damn skiers and hikers !

I'm with you, that wheel turns slow, but it turns !

Bag

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
So here's the new game. Skiers close your area. Get a wildlife trail camera, and set it up over a ski trail. Get pictures of wolverines (and other animals) using the ski trails. Hand those over to the local Forest Service Biologist.

Word is, people have already done it, and the biologist said, be careful what you claim, it might come back to haunt you. Disturbance, is disturbance, doesn't make any difference what your poop smells like.

Last edited:
A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
push them sideways for a gooder laugh, or the game of click click. The skiers just need to STFU and share the system with ALL of the users.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Wolverines.....

.....are about as badass as you can get and even they can't stomach a skier !

I'm thinking that's pretty bad.

Bag

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Now listen here people, there is a big difference between downhill skiers and cross country skiers. :mad:

If you can prove either one is disturbing endangered species, then there's no difference. They want to close skate ski trails, because animals are using them. They've closed down hill backcountry skiing, because they where disturbing denning grizzlies.

The lesson here is we either all hang together and swim, or we all sink together. If some group continues to believe they can get other groups kicked out, then their just cutting their own thoats. Because, some SOB like me, is going to get the area closed to them also. When it comes to the endangered species act, all human activity is a potential disturbance. Even snow shoers are at risk.

It's the same for ever group on public lands.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Well I sure hope everyone wakes the F up quick before the TRUE enviros have EVERYONE locked out.
I work with a guy who believes hunters will never get kicked out....I think your a F'in moron if your a hunter and promote WA's and not think your not on that list.
If HANG GLIDERS can get banned then really anyone can.

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
If you can prove either one is disturbing endangered species, then there's no difference. They want to close skate ski trails, because animals are using them. They've closed down hill backcountry skiing, because they where disturbing denning grizzlies.

The lesson here is we either all hang together and swim, or we all sink together. If some group continues to believe they can get other groups kicked out, then their just cutting their own thoats. Because, some SOB like me, is going to get the area closed to them also. When it comes to the endangered species act, all human activity is a potential disturbance. Even snow shoers are at risk.

It's the same for ever group on public lands.

Yep. Every group has those in it who want to ruin things for all of the other groups, but it will end up affecting everyone, including the "ruiners" themselves.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Now listen here people, there is a big difference between downhill skiers and cross country skiers. :mad:

Sorry dude, you're taking flak.

BUT user groups are user groups. They HAVE to be careful not to place their own right and importance above any other user groups.

Premium Features