• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons...why?

S

snengineer

Does anyone else here not like simmons skis on there Rev? Maybe its my suspension setup..anyone with experience here?

i really like mine, they seemed to help with sidehilling quite a bit.... if you have to much ski pressure they seem to amplify the problems though.

Mine for sale

I will sell mine, shipped for $300. Skidoo mounts and they are all white with blue swirls and loops. :D

i hate my stock skies on my rev. does anyone have powder pros on a rev? i thinking of simmons too but also interested in powder pros:confused:

loved my powder pros on my rev. Only problem I had was running at higher speeds in deep with a bit of a crust. They tend to dive and dart, otherwise awesome side hilling, turning and carves.

really dont like them, did I mention I hate them, heavy ski pressure, to agresive on side hills, darty on the trail, have to make your font suspension to soft to make them easy to steer, then you have very little adjustment on your skid because you have to keep the front so loose to keep from ripping the steering parts out.
Dont like them on the RT-XP-XRS-Nytro-m7-8-10,
you get two thumbs down from me. But everyone is different.

I like my Simmons. Only bad thing ... in the spring soft wet snow, it sticks to the underside of the ski and doesn't turn too well at slow speeds. I didn't buy 'em for the dual runners but rather the flex. Slydogs have the same flex with a single runner. I've heard good things about 'em. Maybe next time.

I like my Simmons. Only bad thing ... in the spring soft wet snow, it sticks to the underside of the ski and doesn't turn too well at slow speeds. I didn't buy 'em for the dual runners but rather the flex. Slydogs have the same flex with a single runner. I've heard good things about 'em. Maybe next time.

Ditto!! :D

I ran Simmons on my REV and loved them. They turned better than stock, floated better(more surface area for floatation), and had flex in them for the woops. Great ski, adjust your suspension. Found that they didn't work too well on the XP's though, not enough float and pushed in the corners a bit more than Pilots. Put Slydogs on and they are great on the trails, have alot more surface area (float) than the stockers and the Simmons, and also have the flexi fronts on them. Side hills great also.

really dont like them, did I mention I hate them, heavy ski pressure, to agresive on side hills, darty on the trail, have to make your font suspension to soft to make them easy to steer, then you have very little adjustment on your skid because you have to keep the front so loose to keep from ripping the steering parts out.

Well...I'm no different. They SUCK!!!

I love mine. I didn't adjust the suspension at all. But I did pull the stearing column back so it angles back like the 05 revs. I am a smaller guy though. I will admit they don't float as well as stock but carving and sidehilling is so much easier. As for spring riding I havn't noticed what the other guys have but it could because I am a smaller guy. There is a ride that we go on frequently. It is eleven miles of whoops till you get to good mountain riding. As you can imagin it gets old but i can go much faster on my simmons then on stock and the last time we did it it was spring snow, soft and grainy. I waited at the truck for 20 minutes for the next guy. I have a 163 xp i don't notice them push through the corners. One of the guyse we ride with has poweder pros on his 154 xp. They float better but on the trail were nuts. I know we are mountain riders but you do have to ride a trail to get to the mountains.

Well Tim you pretty much summed it up!!! And ive got them on my RT ,XP and nytro! Hate em on every sled:mad: three stikes!!!! Did i menchin i have three sets of simmons gen 1 ski's for sale? two sets all black one set blue black hit me up for $250 a set they can all find new homes! :beer;:eek::beer;

Well Tim you pretty much summed it up!!! And ive got them on my RT ,XP and nytro! Hate em on every sled:mad: three stikes!!!! Did i menchin i have three sets of simmons gen 1 ski's for sale? two sets all black one set blue black hit me up for $250 a set they can all find new homes! :beer;:eek::beer;

Drop your snow flap 1/2 inch from stock position.See if that helps?

I really like my simmons on both my rev and my xp, but hearing about these mod skiis, it sounds like alot of people riding in the mountains are happy with them, I will look into some for next year.

Premium Features

Back